places to fish near gainesville

ja88red

I have a pond prowler and am looking for a place to fish I have lanier but want somewhere where I wont get run over anyone have any ideas im going in the morning.

j_seph

There is Lula Bridge on the North end lot less boat traffic.
there is Cedarcreek reservoir off of Miller Lake rd in Lula and theres commerce watershed

j_seph

Also there's Lake Russell and Nancytown in Habersham and the reservoir in dahlonega as well as the watershed in Jefferson

Papa Bear

I ran across Cedar Creek last week and hate to hear it has no fish! I thought about trying it this fall or next spring.

j_seph

A buddy of mine went over there and they caught lie 30 bass. Probally depends on the time of year

03FXD

cedar creek

fished cedar creek on monday. tough day. put in at 7 am. saw lots of fish on sonar. threw the tackle box to no avail. around 11 am started trolling crank baits and picked up 6 fish. largest was 3 lbs. rest were dinks. earlier in the spring I caught a nice 4+ pounder and a few 3+ pounders. I won't be going back until fall and next spring to try again. did talk to some locals that caught some on live bait.

russ010

I ran across Cedar Creek last week and hate to hear it has no fish! I thought about trying it this fall or next spring.

umm... there are some BIG fish in this lake.. and a lot of them.

Check out how the SWAT guys did in both of their tournaments... one caught about a month ago was 9.4lbs....

April 24th - http://smallwateranglerteams.webs.com/cedarcreek42410.htm

June 19th - http://smallwateranglerteams.webs.com/61910cedarcreek.htm

but we (BANG) fished it in Feb - there was a HUGE shad kill, and out of 14 boats, only 1 fish was caught... and it was 11"

General P

I hit it yesterday from 1pm to 7:30 pm with no luck. A buddy caught 1 bream. We both had a few bites but could not seal the deal. Fish were jumping all over us though. The place looks really nice. I hope to go back and have more luck next time.