Been a while

atlashunter

Do you believe me when I tell you I was not looking for Jesus when He touched me and changed me?

Where exactly did he touch you?

660griz

Are Atheist really just lost and confused?
Define lost and confused. Some atheist as well as some religious, may be lost and confused. Depends on 'from what'.
Are they struggling with they cannot makeup their mind if there is a God or not?
I think the definition of an atheist should help you with that question. I am not struggling to make up my mind. It is done.
Do they have control issues where they can not handle the Fact that there is a God that has control?
God has control? Now that is funny.

Was it just happen chance that this planet of all the others is the one that is inhabited?
Maybe. How do you know all the other planets are not inhabited?
Why was there oxygen provided for all to breathe, plants that grow so that animals can eat, insects to pollinate those plants so that they can continue to reproduce to provide food for animals and humans alike? How can anyone look at the existence of this world and not see that it took a greater power as in God to create this?
Why would a God make a planet and make so much of it inhabitable? Why would he make man in his image but, make us have to eat therefore susceptible to starvation, have to breath, get cold, get hot.
Everything we ever needed was provided for us.
What about the millions of years there was no man on earth? Did he wait for everything to settle down before making man? Why no bible at the onset of man? What was he waiting for?

atlashunter

Do you believe in the depravity of man?
The last few posts should be ample proof.facepalm:

Depravity? You're the one who made the rather remarkable claim that someone who lived and died 2,000 years ago touched you. Is it unreasonable to ask for some details?

j_seph

I know of 3 people who prayed that they would not cry, tear up one went for 2 years after that and never cried about anything. The other a year and the other 10 months.
They normally would cry about everytime they prayed, preached, or testified.
Did they convince their-self to not cry over anything at all for that amount of time? Not IMO

ambush80

I know of 3 people who prayed that they would not cry, tear up one went for 2 years after that and never cried about anything. The other a year and the other 10 months.
Did they convince their-self to not cry over anything at all for that amount of time? Not IMO

Oh my. That's EVIDENCE to you? Your standards for evidence are VERY low.

660griz

Wow!
So, God had planned for them to cry for the rest of their lives but, changed his plan because they prayed?
God is a real micromanager and will change his plan for prayer. Interesting cause I heard different.
As a matter of fact, when folks pray for a child with a terminal illness to miraculously be cured, the child dies anyway and the excuse is, it was God's plan.
He won't change his plan to save a child but, will change it to stop eye leakage.

The more I hear, the better I feel about my decision.

ambush80

Wow!
So, God had planned for them to cry for the rest of their lives but, changed his plan because they prayed?
God is a real micromanager and will change his plan for prayer. Interesting cause I heard different.
As a matter of fact, when folks pray for a child with a terminal illness to miraculously be cured, the child dies anyway and the excuse is, it was God's plan.
He won't change his plan to save a child but, will change it to stop eye leakage.

Pray to me. My answer will be "Yes, no or not yet". Watch what happens.

welderguy

Wow!

Paul prayed three times for the removal of his affliction. God did not remove it but instead said "my grace is sufficient".

Why is it so hard to believe that God does whatsoever He will?...or that God moves men to pray?
Seems so simple to me.

ambush80

Paul prayed three times for the removal of his affliction. God did not remove it but instead said "my grace is sufficient".

Why is it so hard to believe that God does whatsoever He will?...or that God moves men to pray?
Seems so simple to me.

Yes. That idea is simple.

What do you think would happen if someone prayed to me and I guaranteed them that my answer would be "Yes, No, Or not right now"? Would their prayer be fulfilled?