Been a while

TripleXBullies

Hey guys. I've been gone from this forum for... a couple of years I guess. I've had a lot change in my life.

Thought some of your guys would be interested to see some of my pics from the weekend.

I smoked 2 whole briskets. The one where I did the point whole took 16 hours on the smoke. And I caught a close to 5 pounder! Probably my PB. My buddy's was just a little smaller. And a pretty big sunnie on a crank bait.

Hope everyone here is doing well!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Welcome back, glad you are doing well.

centerpin fan

You've missed some good discussions down here and a tremendous amount of utter nonsense "upstairs".

Welcome back!

660griz

Welcome back. I hope to find a good butcher down where I live. I smoked a couple briskets but, they were little and only took about 6 hours.

TripleXBullies

My biggest news... for you guys... I'm not atheist or agnostic any more..

Yet I can't imagine coming in here and trying to "convert" anyone. As much as I did when I was atheist, I still believe it's futile and likely more destructive.

660griz

I get all of my briskets at walmart. The only place I know will have them. They're decent most of the time.

I never thought to check there. I tried Kroger, Ingles, Publix and Piggly Wiggly. (AKA hoggly woggly)

TripleXBullies

Kennesaw by work, Acworth on my way home from work and Villa Rica - I haven't been in one of those Walmarts and not seen one. Not always the best looking - sometimes thin with a lot of fat...

I never thought to check there. I tried Kroger, Ingles, Publix and Piggly Wiggly. (AKA hoggly woggly)

660griz

My choices are Newnan and LaGrange.
I'll check next time I pass. I wish Amazon sold em. :)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
My biggest news... for you guys... I'm not atheist or agnostic any more..

Yet I can't imagine coming in here and trying to "convert" anyone. As much as I did when I was atheist, I still believe it's futile and likely more destructive.

Now you've got me curious, what led you to a different path?

TripleXBullies

It started with my wife. Girlfriend at the time. I'm sure this will be a topic but I'll wait for questions if you have them.

She wanted me to go with her. I SO didn't want to. The last time I had been in a church was for an old lady's funeral who I didn't know. In an old timey place, older timey preacher... I was grumbling to myself the entire time. I hated it. That was the only time I had been in a church setting in 10 years.
That morning before I went I was so nervous about being uncomfortable. That morning I prayed to whoever might listen. I ended up being VERY uncomfortable.... because I wasn't uncomfortable....

That was 2 years ago now.

I was just considering what else I should type with the first line... expecting I'd get bashed with rude comments... Then I realized the people who would question that part... are some of the nicest guys on this site...

WaltL1

Howdy TripleX
Thats a great fish but that brisket looks awesome!
Glad you stopped in and thanks for sharing your news.

ambush80

It started with my wife. Girlfriend at the time. I'm sure this will be a topic but I'll wait for questions if you have them.

She wanted me to go with her. I SO didn't want to. The last time I had been in a church was for an old lady's funeral who I didn't know. In an old timey place, older timey preacher... I was grumbling to myself the entire time. I hated it. That was the only time I had been in a church setting in 10 years.
That morning before I went I was so nervous about being uncomfortable. That morning I prayed to whoever might listen. I ended up being VERY uncomfortable.... because I wasn't uncomfortable....

I was just considering what else I should type with the first line... expecting I'd get bashed with rude comments... Then I realized the people who would question that part... are some of the nicest guys on this site...

Awesome!!!

You should be able to answer all the questions that we ask believers. Lets get right to the meat. Did you have a indescribable pricking of your heart just like they say? Did you hear a voice? Did you know for certain that it was Jesus or Allah or whoever it was?

ambush80

Will we never understand it until it happens to us? Are you sick (I hope not)? By sick I mean with some terrible disease. Again, I most certainly hope not.

Last edited:

ambush80

XXX,

Is the experience impossible to describe in words? As someone so recently on the other side of the aisle, I'm sure you can remember some of the biggest questions that you had for believers. What were they and how did you answer them?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I can relate to having a unique feeling when in a place of worship. I cannot describe it accurately but it is similar to feelings I get when I visit battlefields, cemeteries and memorials. Each are different than the other but seem to give me a sense appreciation for what goes on there or has happened there.

TripleXBullies

Awesome!!!

You should be able to answer all the questions that we ask believers. Lets get right to the meat. Did you have a indescribable pricking of your heart just like they say? Did you hear a voice? Did you know for certain that it was Jesus or Allah or whoever it was?

I wasn't uncomfortable to be there. I felt at home. That day there was no flooring experience other than it wasn't what I expected to happen. No voice. If I was comfortable, at home and happy to be there... why would I stop? That's just the start obviously..

TripleXBullies

I can relate to having a unique feeling when in a place of worship. I cannot describe it accurately but it is similar to feelings I get when I visit battlefields, cemeteries and memorials. Each are different than the other but seem to give me a sense appreciation for what goes on there or has happened there.

I can't say I've had that feeling at any of those places... although I also can't say that it doesn't happen elsewhere. I'm not really sure.