Back to the drawing board..

M77 Ruger

Well I have been saving a little money each week and had decided on buying a leupold vx 6. Well I go to the local gun store to find they don't have anymore but are getting in the new vx-6hd. I'm like okay so it's a upgrade this can be good. He then tells me the price and it's almost double. No thank you I replied. So I guess I will be going with my second choice which is a trijicon accupoint. I set a budget of no more than $1000 this time around and the leupold priced it's self right out of my range. Everything I'm reading says the trijicon was on par with the leupold vx6 line with better light gathering. I guess we will find out.

wareagle700

For that money I'd be looking at a Nightforce SHV or Vortex Razor HD LH. The Vortex are supposed to have the comparable glass to the Gen II Razors, which is on par with scopes costing $3K+.

Klondike

2.5x10 56MM Trijicon

Well I have been saving a little money each week and had decided on buying a leupold vx 6. Well I go to the local gun store to find they don't have anymore but are getting in the new vx-6hd. I'm like okay so it's a upgrade this can be good. He then tells me the price and it's almost double. No thank you I replied. So I guess I will be going with my second choice which is a trijicon accupoint. I set a budget of no more than $1000 this time around and the leupold priced it's self right out of my range. Everything I'm reading says the trijicon was on par with the leupold vx6 line with better light gathering. I guess we will find out.

I have the 6x20 and the 2.5 x 10 Accupoints. The 2.5 x 10 is my low light hunting scope and for that purpose it is great. The now have an MOA reticle for it which is great.

M77 Ruger

I have the 6x20 and the 2.5 x 10 Accupoints. The 2.5 x 10 is my low light hunting scope and for that purpose it is great. The now have an MOA reticle for it which is great.

Everyone I know that has one seems to love it. This is why I'm going to go with the accupoint tr22 2.5-10x56mm with the standard duplex with green dot. As long as the glass is on par with my other zeiss conquest and gather good light for those low light situations I will be pleased

lonewolf247

I don't remember exactly what your intended purpose and use for this scope, back when you made the original post?

Anyhow, for that price range, you should have a few good options...

M77 Ruger

I more or less looking for something that I can see and be able to shoot deer at 400-500 yards if need be and be able to zoom in and count horns. Light low and being able to see is critical. Never had illuminated scope and I want to try one. The VX6 was perfect but no way I'm paying 2 grand for the vx6hd

Dub

I more or less looking for something that I can see and be able to shoot deer at 400-500 yards if need be and be able to zoom in and count horns. Light low and being able to see is critical. Never had illuminated scope and I want to try one. The VX6 was perfect but no way I'm paying 2 grand for the vx6hd

Wow.....I had no idea that they were making that move at Leupold. That is some crazy high $$$. That puts you in Smchidt & Bender money right there.

I have a friend who has the Trijicon on a hunting rifle and I have to agree that it is extremely clear throughout the adjustment range. He's had some very nice glass over the years an he says that it rivals them all for low light performance.

M77 Ruger

Wow.....I had no idea that they were making that move at Leupold. That is some crazy high $$$. That puts you in Smchidt & Bender money right there.

I have a friend who has the Trijicon on a hunting rifle and I have to agree that it is extremely clear throughout the adjustment range. He's had some very nice glass over the years an he says that it rivals them all for low light performance.

Yeah I said the same thing. I like to fell out when they told me the price of the 2-12x42mm. Granted it's a nice scope but not sure I would spend that much money for it. That's in the high dollar German made scopes. I'm glad to hear your friend likes the trijicon. I have 4 buddies who use them and they all have other high dollar scopes and all say the trijicon is on par with scopes in the $2000 range. I guess I'm going to find out for myself soon if they live up to the hype

M77 Ruger

Yeah I said the same thing. I like to fell out when they told me the price of the 2-12x42mm. Granted it's a nice scope but not sure I would spend that much money for it. That's in the high dollar German made scopes. I'm glad to hear your friend likes the trijicon. I have 4 buddies who use them and they all have other high dollar scopes and all say the trijicon is on par with scopes in the $2000 range. I guess I'm going to find out for myself soon if they live up to the hype

Knotwild

You forgot a "1" infront of 137.50. :deadhorse:

gt40

No, I didn't forget anything; I read his original post, which said his budget was $1000. Doing some math, I subtracted $1000 from $1137.50 and came up with him being over budget (if he bought the scope) by $137.50. I did not factor in shipping however.

M77 Ruger

My local gun dealer said he would sell me a trijicon accupoint tr22 2.5-10x56mm with standard plex with green dot for $775.00 out the door. That seems hard to beat. I haven't found it anywhere cheaper yet

lonewolf247

Sounds like a good price on the trijicon. I've never owned one, but hear good reviews on them. I agree the Leupold HD price is out of sight! I'd never pay that much personally for any scope. I have a limit set of about $1100-1200. I'm not paying over that.

Good luck on this scope purchase. many good choices in the $1000 range.

You can still get the VX6 2-12x42 with Firedot #4 or Firedot Duplex at under $1,000.

PM sent with link.

I killed a hog on the 15th at 45 mins after SS and zero moon (not using a light either) with a VX-R 2-7x33 with Firedot Duplex reticle. The IR is the way to go in very low light.

killerv

i believe it was cabelas that had stupid prices on the vx-6 around xmas. Like 400 bucks off a 1000 scope. I almost bought one just to put up.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you like a Zeiss Conquest, you're gonna love that Trijicon.