A little help with steel targets

cmshoot

Need a little help. I’ve got about 24 steel targets that I want to strip down to clean steel. They have years of paint on the front and many have rust on the back.

My angle grinder ain’t got the oomph to do it, I need a larger one, like a 9”.

Sandblasting seems like it would do the trick, but that’s not something I have access to.

I don’t want to clean them chemically as I don’t have a good place to do that.

So, I’m either looking to borrow a 9” angle grinder, or find someone that’s willing to clean them all up for me. I’m willing to pay or trade for the loaner, or the labor.

Semper Fi!

rospaw

Need a little help. I’ve got about 24 steel targets that I want to strip down to clean steel. They have years of paint on the front and many have rust on the back.

My angle grinder ain’t got the oomph to do it, I need a larger one, like a 9”.

Sandblasting seems like it would do the trick, but that’s not something I have access to.

I don’t want to clean them chemically as I don’t have a good place to do that.

So, I’m either looking to borrow a 9” angle grinder, or find someone that’s willing to clean them all up for me. I’m willing to pay or trade for the loaner, or the labor.

Semper Fi!

Find a local small blaster guy and pay him the 40 or so bucks and be happy. Ask around at any hot rod shop, craigslist, parts house, machine shop. Even a small blasting cabinet will do the job.
Not sure if i would want to breath all that lead, paint and other stuff coming off layers of painted surface. Just my .02

Jester896

Senior Clown
cmshoot if it is the ones I am familiar with I have access to a cabinet they will fit in.

wareagle700

#8 shot does a pretty good job. Fun too.

wareagle700

Steel shot ricochet's bad on hard targets. That would be my only concern.

cmshoot

I traded a guy a slot in one of my upcoming precision rifles courses in return for sandblasting the targets and priming them.

Thanks for the advice and offers, y’all.

rosewood

We call that horse trading right there. Alive and well..