Oct. 17th @ Ocmulgee...

Chris S.

Yeah, if it is a male, he would have some awesome offspring. I understand they stocked some males about a year ago. This one was a little over three pounds, so it seems to fit the growth rate of the stock. Who knows, maybe it was an undersized female. It would be the first one I've caught out there (male or undersized female).

I thought I saw you out there on Friday, Chris. I was expecting you there Saturday, but someone said you had to work. Must have been another guy with a black dog on his boat. You'll have to make the one at Flat Creek. It's right off I 75. I started to bring my kids to this one. I am pretty sure I will at Flat Creek. It is set up more for kids than Ocmulgee.

No,,,,,Justin couldn't make the trip so I opted to fish the Horton tourney ....... got halfway there and realized I had left my battery connectors/wingnuts at the house after charging,busted a u'eee went back to the house and fished at the usual place.Wish I could have fished horton though,I believe I could have done something from the sound of it.What exit off 75 for flat creek?I'll likely make that one.

tonyf

O.K. The wing span of a bald eagle isn't seven feet... so I was either delirious or seeing things or whatever.... But it was a large bird of prey that I saw. Probably about the size of a bald eagle. I thought it looked like an osprey, but the one I saw looked lighter. (I was looking from underneath, of course) The photos of ospreys online appear too dark. Any ideas?

It was probably a Pterodactyls. Here is a link for you....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CBAQ9QEwAw

tonyf

No,,,,,Justin couldn't make the trip so I opted to fish the Horton tourney ....... got halfway there and realized I had left my battery connectors/wingnuts at the house after charging,busted a u'eee went back to the house and fished at the usual place.Wish I could have fished horton though,I believe I could have done something from the sound of it.What exit off 75 for flat creek?I'll likely make that one.

Chris, Here is a link for you....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?clie...2.411596,-83.77912&spn=0.008116,0.013497&z=16

Hope to see you there.

tnhikr44

See, I was thinking more along the lines of a Terradactyl.
http://www.theinteriorgallery.com/pd_terradactyl.cfm
If my computer had not crashed (in safe mode with networking now)I was gonna post a slide show of some pictures I have taken out there at Ocmulgee. My dislike of the place did not come from one bad outing... I have visited the place 30 plus times or so and have hundreds of pictures to show for it. Heck, I even have pictures of a dozen or so fish I have caught from there... back before I got tired of seeing the same fish over and over again.......::ke:

jalawson

Last edited:

Lightninrod

Thanks Tony,i appreciate it.Thats still as far as 'mulgee though.

No it's not as far.

Directions to Flat Creek PFA from Perry: From Interstate 75, take exit No. 134 (South Perry Parkway), and turn west. Travel about 0.25 miles, and turn left (south) on Hwy 41. Go approx 3 1/2 miles, and turn left into Flat Creek Public Fishing Area.

It's just off I-75 so it's way west of Ocmulgee and just a few miles further South...unless you're coming from NE GA? It's just a little South and west of Perry, GA.

Chris S.

No it's not as far.

It's just off I-75 so it's way west of Ocmulgee and just a few miles further South...unless you're coming from NE GA? It's just a little South and west of Perry, GA.

Its 1 2/3 hrs from my address to flat creek according to mapquest.Ocmulgee is 1 3/4 hours ........both are pretty long rides for me.I know how to get to both.Thanks for the input though.

EAD-fishing

Tony was telling me that the special events pond at Ocmulgee requires 10 kids or more and is loaded with hybrids. I wouldn't mind getting my kids cub scout den to go. If any of you guys want to do a kids event, let me know.

I am definitely interested and have two younglings that I know would have an absolute blast!