Hey Dub

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You shouldn't have said anything about cupcake chicken. It worked on me for about 24 hours and I just couldn't take it no more. :bounce:

First thing I had to do was buy the cup cake pans, drill the holes and then polish the burrs off the bottoms.

Attachments

• Cupcake1mod.jpg
    Cupcake1mod.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Cupcake2mod.jpg
    Cupcake2mod.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Cupcake3mod.jpg
    Cupcake3mod.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 273

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Next up was rubbin' 'em down. My pans wouldn't fit in the Akorn so I had to fire up the Stumps. I been fiddlin' with this stuff since 5:00 pm. Just pulled the pans and flipped the thighs. Another 45 minutes and they will be ready for the glaze and then it's another hour or so to let the glaze caramelize at 300 degrees. Needless to say we won't be eating them tonight but tomorrow night's dinner is squared away.

Myron says get some chicken shears and shear off the knuckles on either end of the the thigh bone. I didn't have shears so I used a cleaver. If you ask me it's about the same amount of trouble to just go ahead and bone out your thighs. I got "giant" cupcake pans and even with the knuckles clipped off when I flipped them just now they didn't want to sit all the way down in the cup. I boned a couple out completely as a test and they fit perfect.

I'm sure they will still taste just right. The smell coming out of the Stump's smoke stack right now is out of this world.

Attachments

• Cupcake4mod.jpg
    Cupcake4mod.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Cupcake5mod.jpg
    Cupcake5mod.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 270

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Home stretch. The blackberry preserves in the glaze sauce is going to knock this one out of the park. I am literally drooling smelling the good thing coming out of my smoke stack.

Attachments

• Cupcake6mod.jpg
    Cupcake6mod.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 258

Duff

What? That looks crazy good!!

Dub

Oh my LAWDY !!!!!

That looks insanely delicious.

Gotta give that 'un a run sometime.

Same book is close at hand.....

You done flung a powerful one here.

Looks delicious.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Done. Gone to bed.

Attachments

• Cupcake7mod.jpg
    Cupcake7mod.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 246

naildrvr

Goshamighty!!! Those look great. I just rubbed down a butt and got some pecan soaking. Now I'm going to bed and dream about cupcake chicken.��

Studawg170

By all that is good in this world.....This will be next thing I smoke...Oh yes yes it will be

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks like a good'un to try.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Dadgum Lee, those look good enough to eat! Well done sir! Well done!:cool:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Nice ! Definitely gonna try that

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great, ol' Myron would be proud! :cool:

BTW, that's a great book, I learned a lot from it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good googly moogly, gonna have to give that a whirl.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
As you are oft to say,"Holy Wah!!!!!" Mighty fine Brother! Mighty fine!:cheers:

ryork

Wow! If that's half as good as it looks, it has to be fine!! Going to have to give that a try at some point.