People who wear shorts in freezing weather

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well, mama always said a fool was born ery day. That means they is 20,138 fools walkin around in the snow wit ya'll since I came on da scene.::ke:

:cheers:

:rofl: :cheers:

GA native

A guy I used to work with, in Colorado Springs, wore shorts to work all winter. Said we were wimps, because he grew up in Green Bay.

You shoulda seen the shade of violet those legs turned, when a spring blizzard rolled in...

... too proud to admit to hypothermia, too dumb to put some pants on.

Patriot44

Banned
A guy I used to work with, in Colorado Springs, wore shorts to work all winter. Said we were wimps, because he grew up in Green Bay.

You shoulda seen the shade of violet those legs turned, when a spring blizzard rolled in...

... too proud to admit to hypothermia, too dumb to put some pants on.

Not shorts, but.....

We were fishing Tocoa years back and a friend we took with us had borrowed coon huntin waders and sprange a good leak in his ole dry rots. Mind you this was like the first week of March.

He fished all day soaking wet. He was smokin wacky backy, but it could not have helped that much.

When we were headed back to the farm late afternoon, i felt bad for the dude. Was purple!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
shorts here most days.

crackerdave

I got a kick out of the snowbirds on the beach in the winter.Bermuda shorts,black sox and sandals!:eek:

Resica

I wear shorts quite a bit in sub freezing temps., but I'm accustomed to cold temperatures, I'm a Yankee.:biggrin2:

crackerdave

I wear shorts quite a bit in sub freezing temps., but I'm accustomed to cold temperatures, I'm a Yankee.:biggrin2:

:clap: At least you're honest about it and have enough of a sense of humor to put up with us Rebels!

Artfuldodger

Some of my observations about people, clothing, and weather;

Pretty girls don't get cold.

Yankees at the beach wear sweatshirts and shorts more than Southerners. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Grunge rockers started this trend of flannel shirts and shorts. They would wear this uniform year round. Remember the Neil Young fans being called Rusties?
I think this fad has been carried over ever since by the younger generation. They also wear flip flops or Crocs in the winter.

I've noticed mostly in the summer that roofers and other construction workers wear shorts and sandals/flip flops.

Not saying any of this is right or wrong, just how it is.
My granddad who was a carpenter who built houses, stores, and banks. He wouldn't hire someone who showed up wearing tennis shoes instead of brogans back in the Fifties.
He thought of them as Beatniks instead of Workers. I guess today they'd be Hipsters.
I remember when it was strange to see a grown man wearing dungarees.

Flaustin1

Im that idiot. I hate pants and get hot VERY easily. Rarely wear a coat too. The only exception is when im hunting and have to sit still. I get a little chilly then and will wear the appropriate clothes.

3ringer

I have been told by companies when I am making my Fedex deliveries, not to wear shorts in their company. They said the women stop working to gawk at my pretty legs. :biggrin2:

T-N-T

I wear shorts if it warms to the mid 50's or so. I work in a building with huge doors we open year round.
I like it sop long as I have a long sleeved shirt.

My gripe is with people wearing coats when its like 73 out. I see it all the time around here. SE GA Sissies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
40* is the temp I change to long pants as long as there is no wind

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Shorts, t shirt all day today :cool:

You weren't outside all day. We went home at noon yesterday. I'm not working in a cold rain. With or without chorts. I work outside year round. I wear shorts until the high temps get below 50 or so. My son is one of those that wears them year round

pete56

to me the idiot is the guys wearing hoodies when its above freezing. 40 degrees is not cold. Work outside all the time wear shorts and tshirt year round because that is how I'm comfortable. I hate jackets and long sleeve shirts.

Cmp1

BANNED
To me you can always put on more clothes in the winter,,,, can't take any more off in the summer,,,, hardly ever wear shorts and definitely not today,,,, 20 degrees out,,,,