Waterfowl dog?

Snowdawg

We are looking for ideas for a duck dog. Ideal would be a minimum shedding, smaller breed. Have always had labs, but want something smaller that can still retrieve from the boat and the canoe.

Lick Skillet

Weimeriner. They are wonderful all around hunters and companions. Duck, dove, quail or tracking. They like to be spoiled though. I generally prefer the females over males too. Strong drive with enough sense to listen. The males tend to be a little more hard headed and hyper. Molly, the Weim in my avatar, was one of the greatest.....and is missed dearly...no other dog has even come close in replacing her.

Chessys are to mean, goldens shed to much and can be a tangeled mess. Flatcoats are for the most part show dogs. Bird dogs to include versatile breeds just freeze to death and aren't trained the same way a retreiver is. Boykins are retreiveing cocker spaniels. The Breed that has produced more field champions to include NFC , NAFC and titled hunting dogs and are great bomb dogs , seeing eye dogs and just the all around pet is what?
The Labrador Retriever. Say it ain't so.

krazybronco2

you can find smaller labs in the 55-60lb range. the black male i sold at just over 18mo weighted 56lbs.

ErikD

Labs have been bred to be bigger. I wanted one a bit smaller and mine is only 48lbs and she's almost two. They are out there.