marine personal property tax???????

jimmystriton

Doe sanyone agree with this crap. I saved and saved to buy a boat. I bought a boat and paid sales tax on it. The I pay to register the trailer...then I pay DNR to register the boat...then to find out I have to pay a tax for personal property...what kind of crap is this. Oh yeah I also have to pay to use what used to be a lake......Talk about sticking it to you......GA has that down. This should be so illegal. Whta about bycycle tax they dont have it. no four wheeler tax. Why is it the harder you work the more the gov sticks it to you.....Is there no one else here that calls ****** on this.....

UGA Bass Fisher

I hear ya Jimmy

Doe sanyone agree with this crap. I saved and saved to buy a boat. I bought a boat and paid sales tax on it. The I pay to register the trailer...then I pay DNR to register the boat...then to find out I have to pay a tax for personal property...what kind of crap is this. Oh yeah I also have to pay to use what used to be a lake......Talk about sticking it to you......GA has that down. This should be so illegal. Whta about bycycle tax they dont have it. no four wheeler tax. Why is it the harder you work the more the gov sticks it to you.....Is there no one else here that calls ****** on this.....

But it aint just here in Ga. I lived in Southern California for a while. What they dont call taxes there are "Fees":whip::huh:.

jimmystriton

what about people on bikes lets make them pay bike tax. and people that walk can pay walking tax. So if I am understanding if you work hard to have nice toys the gov is going to put it to you.....if your a bum you get free handouts from them......oh makes sense....canada is looking better and better.......

Randy

They woud tax all that too if they had a way to track it. They can only tax what they can track and determine you have. When you fill out the boat registration, the WRD sends a copy to your local tax accessor so they know you have one!!!

jimmystriton

maybe they can take all that tax money for the luxury items and buy some water to fill up lanier. But before that they will have to make sure they give the COE off for a few weeks so they dont let it all go......just venting...I think this is such ****** that they are able to do that......

javelin225ho

im with ya bro! i just got notification on my "Luxury" tax......now i have to go take my 20ft luxury item and put 30 gal of gas in it and pay the 15 cent state tax on it plus the 18 cent fed tax on every gallon.....its crap if you ask me. atleast we dont have to pay a toll on the roads that lead to the lake......well, atleast i dont.

Grey Ghost

Have you contributed to the Charlston ramp project and, if not, do you plan to use it?

ranger1977

The harder you work, the more "stuff" you have. The more "stuff" you have, the more "they" want. It is becoming more difficult each year for the working man just to survive in this country, let alone have any fun.

Gmonkey

Would you expect anything different? The gov't soaks you for everything they can.
Yes, the more you make, the more they take. It still beats being a bum. Bums dont have boats.

jimmystriton

it is only that way till you get into politics then the more you make the less you give. the gov is so crooked and we allow it. look at our VP is there no conflict of interest since he is getting richer every day from the war. He owns most of the private stuff there or has invested KBR, blackwater......the longer we are there the more he makes.......does no one else see this as wrong?

grim

Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod
I dont know about GA, but in FL make sure you dont pay sales tax on the motor. It is exempt, you only pay on the boat.

jimmystriton

i am not sure, i paid taxes on all of it in TN when I bought it. What about thoses 250,000 house boats on lanier and the yachts. If i pay 250.00 on a 40K bass boat do they pay thousands on them a year.....I would be willing to bet there is a clause that if you can live on it then it does not apply. Again sorry for all the rucus just aggrivated about this stupid luxury tax.......as for earlier yes i paid toward the boat ramp every time i put in. as well as donated. Dont think we should have to donate for the COE to fix them....with all the taxes(boat registration, trailer registration, gas taxs, boat ramp fees, day use fees, if you use charleston seperate boat ramp fees.) I believe that we have donated more than enough. With all those fees there should be a guy there to back you into the dang water.......

Randy

Would you expect anything different? The gov't soaks you for everything they can.
Yes, the more you make, the more they take. It still beats being a bum. Bums dont have boats.

Maybe but I can tell you this. If the Dems get back in and taxes go back up I will quit working so hard to have so little. I'll give up working, use my kayaks (which are not taxed by the way) and be a bum and go fish every day and live off the gooberment.

Bob Smith

Taxes!

I can tell you we didn't have these crazy taxes in Texas. I think it's robbery in every sense of the word. In Texas you had the annual boat registration and you had to keep your trailer tags up to date annually. There were normal property taxes and there were local sales taxes. Here in Georgia, you have a State Income Tax, Property Taxes, Sales taxes (local and state), registration fees for all of your vehicles and this "personal property tax" (you guys are right, call it what you want but it's a "Luxury tax" pure and simple!). Just who is benefitting from all of this revenue?:banginghe

capt stan

Yep I take it every year with a lot of pain for my boat. It kills me I have to pay more tax on my boat then the truck that pulls it. Makes NO sense:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Gmonkey

He owns most of the private stuff there or has invested KBR, blackwater......the longer we are there the more he makes.......does no one else see this as wrong?

No.

Cheney has nothing to do with Blackwater.
Name one other company that is able to do what Haliburton does in Iraq. I don't think any other company submitted a bid.

Gmonkey

By the way, I think the boat tax sucks too.

I was curious how the state of Ga knows I keep my boat in Bartow co. I called and asked, and they said the person at the storage place must have phoned it in. Nothing in my boat registration mentioned Bartow co. Maybe the tax here is lower than Cobb.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmystriton

if you believe he cheney is not loading his pocket you are crazy. You know why there were no other bids...cause it was closed.......they were the only bid accepted. Unless you have been there I dont think you have any right to make any judgement on what goes on there. Our gov is robbing us and if we continue to sit back it is going to nothing but get worse.......what happened to standing up for what is right.....run down to the hospital and see if you can get a backbone and stand up for what is right.....just like pressing 1 for english.......or saying the pledge of allegiance with the word god in it. If you dont like it LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!our fore fathers sure would be proud.....

Latest posts