Ft. Stewart hunt just 2 weeks away

huntfishhike

We hunted the base a little over a week ago. The 72 hr wait for weapons registration was a big surprise. I think it started on Feb 9th. We basically thought we weren't going to hunt when we found out. They had already turned away quite a few out of state hunters. We got lucky that a retired military guy made a fuss, plus the ladies at the pass and permit office started calling some higher up folks. I guess someone finally decided to make an exception for us and the others patiently waiting and we were able to register our weapons at building 226 with no delay, and were able to hunt.

A couple words of caution: mosquitoes were very bad this year so go prepared or otherwise get tortured. Also many units were closed and some units had controlled burns.

tracker12

Well I struggled thru the online process today. Boy the Army sure made sending an attachment way more difficult than it should be. Now we'll see if it gets processed. Due to the campground closure we moved out trip till the 11th. Hoping for some cooler weather to lay the bugs done some.

You don't have your printout from last year? If not, the only problem you will have is getting the guy behind the counter to acknowledge you're standing there and actually get off his butt to help you. He is the most miserable person I've ever encountered. I say hello and goodbye to everyone.....He has yet to answer me. Lol

If the lady a there, she will help you pretty fast.

I probably do. Wasn't sure if it was like the base here in VA where the printout needs to be updated yearly. Luckily I can register my guns here and they are all on the same database. The form is even the exact same besides the name of the base.

Is the guy you are talking about a heavier set African American? If so I know who you are talking about. I thought we were going to go to blows 2 years ago. He had a family portrait of Obama's family in his office. In hopes of striking up conversation I asked if he had ever met them (thought it was odd having a family photo and maybe thought he was related somehow?). Anyways, he flipped a gasket and started calling me racist and just went completely overboard. It was a wild few moments.

Bama B

were are you getting the online weapons registration link. I see the forms but not the online link.

pajohn

Additional registration done, also used online which was a bit over my head but got my son to do it he had no problem. submitted around 7pm after 7am next morning got a call from Ft. Stewart questioning my birth year of 2014 very polite gentleman, made change and said all was done no problem. All is now ready see you on the 11th.

Anyone know whether previous years gun registrations expire? I was going back through some of my past ones and noticed that the expiration was INDEF. But the one I got last year expired already. I didn't think to ask them.

mose

I recently registered (3 weeks ago) a new shotgun on Hunter and it only took a few minutes to get a new print out. I don't know if it was because I already had other weapons registered or not.

pajohn

All is ready just need to pack the trailer on Friday and head south Sat. morning, hope for good weather. See ya all at Ft. stewart.

IFLY4U

We just finished our hunt and had a great time. We saw hogs every day and ended up killing 15 and wounded 2 that we lost.

mose

We just finished our hunt and had a great time. We saw hogs every day and ended up killing 15 and wounded 2 that we lost.

Nice work! Sounds like a great time.

pajohn

Well primitive are not done at Holbrook Koa full anyone have any suggestions motel will be our last choice.

Jcook54

The 3 day wait isn't a big deal. Just send the form with the online system they use ahead of time. They call when it's done and you go pick up the COPs form. Good luck this week. I will be out there this weekend. (And every other weekend).

What is the COPs form? I have a rifle registered and it's got a red PMO stamped in several places but I don't see any COPs form in the information I currently have.

What is the COPs form? I have a rifle registered and it's got a red PMO stamped in several places but I don't see any COPs form in the information I currently have.

Central Operations Police Suite (COPS). That is the form you have with the red PMO stamps. It is what they call the firm, since it is the database it is printed from.

huntingonthefly

Gone but not forgotten
Well primitive are not done at Holbrook Koa full anyone have any suggestions motel will be our last choice.

Know a couple options if u havent found anything. U sure picked a good time to go, Im on the flip side with ice and snow up here working in northern PA where u just left lol. Enjoy the better weather, making me homesick. Kinda envious as I haunt Stewart a lot.

BowArrow

Planned on going down and camping at Holbrook and doing some hog hunting this week but will wait until campground opens up. Will go Tuesday for the day. In the mean time, I will be setting some catfish lines in the Ogeechee River.

tracker12

Doesn't look like the campground will open anytime soon. We stopped by today and could not get a straight answer from anyone