Is this 8 pointer an old one ?? Found the pic from 2 years ago

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That right brow sits higher on the main beam on both. Could be twins brothers ???? Thanks for all the interest in this set of pictures. Hopefully I can get us some jawbones to confirm this old fellows age.
Correct, the brow tines match on placement on the main beam. You have an old deer. That would definitely be a trophy.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
looks like the same deer the black and white pictures i would age him at 3.5, 2 years difference between the first 3 and the last pictures i do not see. Are you sure the pics are 2012 and then 2014?

Absolutely sure of the years. The night pics are from September 2014 the day picture is from August 2012. I figured him to be a mature buck in 2012, I wish I had a pic of him out of velvet then.

He may be as GTHunter stated above, going downhill in his old age.

BGSlayer

looks like different deer to me the white around the nose is different. Just my 2 cents

tree cutter 08

Looks like the same deer. I'd say 6+. One thing you got to consider is the deer s diet from year to year. Food quality is a huge factor.

Amoo

All of the markings and distinguishing characteristics I would look for to separate two different deer are the on both deer. The deer in the second pic in that stance to my eye does not look like a 3.5 year old deer, I would guess him to be older. In my eyes these looks to be of the same deer. Good luck catching this sneaky old man out in shooting hours.