Crossbow gator setup options

nate2800

Working on getting my crossbow setup for gators. Thought maybe I could get some advice from you guys and gals. The first question would be a scope. I have a scope now but am questioning that because the other guys may not be able to use a scope as well at night. I'm thinking a holographic sight but have never used one. Then there's the line. What's the minimal poundage. I know the smaller the line the better it's gonna shoot. What's yalls thoughts?

Hunter/Mason

I had tracker jack set mine up. He's in AUGUSTA used the scope that was on it your shots are gonna be very short range any way. I had it set up and handed it to my wife for her 1st gator no problem. Right at 8', 30 mins later my dad picked it up and shot his. Between me and my family and guiding a couple buddy's we killed 10. 8 with bows and 2 w xbow. The xbow is easier because it can be sat in the boat and you don't have to hold it all night. My sister in law used it last year on hers . After a few misses ( found out the scope had come loose) she killed hers after the problem was found. Buy a few extra bolts and slides etc. we lost 1 gator in deep water I guess he started rolling underwater and wound all the line up. Tried for an hr w a treble hook but couldn't get him. Tide was ripping too. I got fast flight 200lb line. Mr. Jack will tell you everything you need to know.

Dep6

I use a laser on mine, point and shoot, no trying to squint or see through the scope or holographic site at night. And traded up from red to green about 3 years ago, much easier to see it to point it.

biker13

when mine came up I hit him behind the head and the bolt never left the Crossbow.Told Redneck this ones done.