Taxidermy

TurDuckBuck89

Ive got two barracuda that I am looking to get mounted. Does anyone know anywhere close to the Northwest Georgia area that does these mounts? Most taxidermist around here have never touched one these and wont. Thanks for any help. :flag:

jeremyledford

Ive got two barracuda that I am looking to get mounted. Does anyone know anywhere close to the Northwest Georgia area that does these mounts? Most taxidermist around here have never touched one these and wont. Thanks for any help. :flag:

Define what you mean by close. I would call and talk with Lee at Unique's Taxidermy in Fairburn. I'd rather drive a little further than stare at a bad product. I'm not 100 % sure he does them specifically but he'll let you know. 770-964-1131 is his shop number.

Redbeard01

Just a thought, but you might want to check out someone that does good catch and release mounts. The quality of the fiberglass mounts is unbelievably good and you never have problems with them. I've had both and will never go back to a skin mount.

Redbeard

FishingAddict

Most salt water fish are done by fiberglass mount. It last longer than traditional skin mount. Especially a fish like a barracuda.

To do a saltwater mount, you just tell the taxidermy company the measurements of the fish (length, girth) and send them a photograph of the fish so they can paint it correctly. You could call someone in FL and have them send it to you.

Ihunt

They will still need the teeth for a fiberglass mount.

Trails End Taxidermy in Macon does great work. Their number is 478-781-5845.

Latest posts