You know you're gettin old when...........

Dr. Strangelove

GeorgiaBob said:
And your really gettin' old when you realize that EVERY cop, EVERY pilot, EVERY fireman out there - is not only younger than you - most of them are younger than your kids.

I remember sitting in the UGA stadium for a football game almost 20 years ago and realizing that I was older than anyone on the playing field. Kind of a shocker when all your young life you think of people in college as being unimaginably older than yourself.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
When you realize that you have fewer and fewer older family members, you are older than your doctor, much older, older than all the "wise" old talking heads on the tube.

poohbear

Was looking at the CMAs on TV and I thought it was funny they were looking up at Alan Jackson as a living Legend and seems like just a few years ago he was the new kid on the block, my how time moves so fast, use to here how you better stop and smell the roses, I try and do that a lot more, take in what you can will you can.

Cobra

facepalm:no wonder............. :bounce: I musta been realllll smart at one time!:bounce:

I have read this thread from top to bottom and laughed at what you "old timers" are going through till I hurt. Then I realized I am a genius, (gray hair) sound like rice krispies when I get up, can see a fly at 100 yards but not my hand in front of my face, sound like jake brakes when I walk in the morning, and need a walker when I first get up because I can't stand up straight the first ten minutes of the morning. My laughter is now:cry::cry: Here is to all you old geezers like me.:cheers:

GeorgiaBob

On that country line -

You know your getting old when you remember Porter Waggoner introducing Dolly Parton as a new singer on the Porter Waggoner Show.

GeorgiaBob

You know your really old when you can remember all the words to Hank Williams, "Hey, Good Looking, What's You Got Cooking" but cannot remember if you ate breakfast today.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I have read this thread from top to bottom and laughed at what you "old timers" are going through till I hurt. Then I realized I am a genius, (gray hair) sound like rice krispies when I get up, can see a fly at 100 yards but not my hand in front of my face, sound like jake brakes when I walk in the morning, and need a walker when I first get up because I can't stand up straight the first ten minutes of the morning. My laughter is now:cry::cry: Here is to all you old geezers like me.:cheers:
:bounce: it creeps up on ya, for sure!
You know your really old when you can remember all the words to Hank Williams, "Hey, Good Looking, What's You Got Cooking" but cannot remember if you ate breakfast today.
facepalm:oh so true!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would be happy to have some gray hair. :sadz:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

LOVEMYLABXS

I thought I was losing my hair but it turns out it's not falling out but growing in......... bad part it's growing out my nose and ears :banginghe

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
When you take so much medicine the pharmacist in Walgreen knows your name

Big7

The Oracle
When the 20 y/o gals in Playboy were older than me.

Long time ago. :D

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Well....doc told me the days of cheaters are over, handed me a pair of progressives. I went to pull my truck out out of parking, had speedometer numbers 3ft tall and curbs jumping up and down. He said I’d get used to them, I just know that flower bed in front of his office needs some serious attention.