Are You Able To Login To Yahoo Email?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I know some of you probably have an old Yahoo email account like I do, in fact, I have two that are 20+ years old. I rarely use them, but do sign into them once in a while. Today I tried to log into both of them and it won't let me. Yes, email and passwords are correct. I have some important older emails in both of them that I need access to. Thing is; both of these email addresses use the other for the recovery email, so them sending a verification code to prove it's me won't help. I can't login to prove it's me! :bounce:

Are you able to log into yours? You may be able to if you do so often, but for those of us who rarely do, you may have a problem.

Toliver

I went without logging into mine for a long time and then next time I tried, I couldn't. I wonder if they have some time lock on it so unused emails aren't clogging up the interwebs. They just delete them maybe?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I know some of you probably have an old Yahoo email account like I do, in fact, I have two that are 20+ years old. I rarely use them, but do sign into them once in a while. Today I tried to log into both of them and it won't let me. Yes, email and passwords are correct. I have some important older emails in both of them that I need access to. Thing is; both of these email addresses use the other for the recovery email, so them sending a verification code to prove it's me won't help. I can't login to prove it's me! :bounce:

Are you able to log into yours? You may be able to if you do so often, but for those of us who rarely do, you may have a problem.
Wife uses yahoo as her primary personal mail account, so it stays active. She has had no problem receiving mail.

Silver Britches

I went without logging into mine for a long time and then next time I tried, I couldn't. I wonder if they have some time lock on it so unused emails aren't clogging up the interwebs. They just delete them maybe?
Who knows what their thinking is. I did not abuse these email address in any way. One I use to mainly communicate with my sister when an email is necessary. Some other important emails I've held onto should they be needed in the future. This is ridiculous.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
AT&T uses Yahoo and I'm logged in just fine.

Silver Britches

AT&T uses Yahoo and I'm logged in just fine.
Are you logged in on a mobile device through their yahoo app, or through the web interface? I'm try to log in through the web interface.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Are you logged in on a mobile device through their yahoo app, or through the web interface? I'm try to log in through the web interface.

I'm in through my phone, Outlook on my desktop and mail.yahoo.com

Silver Britches

I'm in through my phone, Outlook on my desktop and mail.yahoo.com
Thanks, brother. Looks like I'm GONna have to hire a Russian to break in there for me! You know any trustworthy ones to hire? :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Thanks, brother. Looks like I'm GONna have to hire a Russian to break in there for me! You know any trustworthy ones to hire? :bounce:

Trustworthy Russians? In a word - no. :bounce:

Core Lokt

Have your wife send an email to both of them and see if she gets a kick back or does it go through. You will know if they are still active at least. Call over seas and good luck understanding them... Good Luck!

Silver Britches

Have your wife send an email to both of them and see if she gets a kick back or does it go through. You will know if they are still active at least. Call over seas and good luck understanding them... Good Luck!
This is one of the first things I did. Must still be active or the email would've came back.

georgia_home

Coming up on 25-30y on yahoo, and still using it, but I don’t get a lot of stuff.

so yes, I can log in

i use app on phone mostly, but occasionally from web browser on pc

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have been getting some sort of spam notification that Yahoo email is going to lock my account and I need to click on a control to update my info or they will terminate our relationship.

I have been getting this sort of msg for quite a while now and the senders always look fishy. If you haven't responded to one of those it could be that some Russian now has control of your email account.

Silver Britches

Apparently I'm not the only one. There's a bunch of people mentioning the same thing. Reddit has a thread of many complaining about this nonsense. I could understand if I was abusing my accounts in someway, but that's not the case. Just very rarely sign in to them. But today I needed to find some info in one of my older emails.

Silver Britches

I have been getting some sort of spam notification that Yahoo email is going to lock my account and I need to click on a control to update my info or they will terminate our relationship.

I have been getting this sort of msg for quite a while now and the senders always look fishy. If you haven't responded to one of those it could be that some Russian now has control of your email account.
Don't click on it. Unless you know for sure it's an official email, which doesn't sound like it.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Don't click on it. Unless you know for sure it's an official email, which doesn't sound like it.

You've probably run across this in your investigation...the "click on" icon is spoofed to a url...not yahoo in most cases. Sb is right on. Just sign on to that specific acct as usual via KNOWN yahoo link. There's ways to pull down the ip they're wanting you to click on....best to just steer clear ;)
20230927_175657.jpg