Coyote v Bobcat

If you hate armadillos like I do (too noisy) leave them bobcat alone. We had dillos forever on our lease, 2 yrs ago a huge male bobcat moved in, now we have no dillos. I don't shoot skunks either cause they dig up yellow jacket nest, and we have enuf of those.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
a couple of well known trappers that have trapped in Georgia say that we have a very high bobcat population. I wont shoot one with a deer rifle because that seems pointless to me, but with a small game weapon or in a trap i have no qualms killing one.

I have plenty on trail cams all over my property. I don't have a shortage of them. Yotes neither.. That is about to change!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I never saw bobcats until I started bowhunting privet choked creek bottoms and super thick areas. Ive called 2 into bow range with a mouse squeaker. Called one in to shotgun range with a mouth call. There cool to watch but I will take them given the chance. Predator control is predator control.

Twiggbuster

Pass on the cats.
I watched 2 youngsters playing with a mouse tossing it up and letting it dangle on saplings
Over and over for 15 min
Looked in thicket behind and the mother was watching too
Coolest thing I’ve seen in the woods

Possum

Banned
I don't have any respect for someone who would kill a bobcat in the name of predator control.

Well darn that bothers me a lot. I really wanted you to respect me. Is there anything I can do to earn your respect back?

ucfireman

If you hate armadillos like I do (too noisy) leave them bobcat alone. We had dillos forever on our lease, 2 yrs ago a huge male bobcat moved in, now we have no dillos. I don't shoot skunks either cause they dig up yellow jacket nest, and we have enuf of those.
Interesting, I have seen a couple on camera but not regulars. I have way too many armadillos though. I have plenty of "prey" too, squirrels, rabbit population is growing, and mice etc.
Bobcats and foxes both get passes.

1gr8bldr

Bobcats, foxes, etc, except coyotes, all seem to harmonize well without doing harm or becoming over populated. So, they get a pass. However coyotes, I don't mean this, it's just a joke, but I have said "it's as if God messed up with coyotes"

uturn

I have one I killed with my bow a few years back in the same tracks of a coyot I arrowhead a year before but, had always given them a pass prior and will I believe from then on!

I had seen a large male trailing a lill buffer a couple years prior and felt like I needed to do it for some odd reason?

I still ponder killing the one...

As stated earlier they are really Cool Critters!!

Yotes are like Hogs for me...they all must die if they cross paths where I'm sittin!!