Bigfoot encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom

I am not gonna shoot anything that I can`t positively identify. Before I look down the barrel of a weapon at anything, I will know what it is first.

My thoughts also. No ID, no shot.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Y'all can't handle the truff...... Thar I wuz.... A campin on a abandoned road bed. And the critter came up and jumped da crick next to da tent.... And brushed it wif his hand before he went ya climbin trees and scootin away from our camp.... Scare the bejesus outa me and my buddy Chris...

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Y'all can't handle the truff...... Thar I wuz.... A campin on a abandoned road bed. And the critter came up and jumped da crick next to da tent.... And brushed it wif his hand before he went ya climbin trees and scootin away from our camp.... Scare the bejesus outa me and my buddy Chris...

Here we go... the ol' John's Mountain Bigfoot story...:banginghe

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
My thoughts also. No ID, no shot.

Well if I'm out in the woods one day... and all of a sudden I see me an eight foot tall, five hundred pound, hair covered something or another a walking towards me on two legs... I'm going to positively ID that 'something or another' as one of them there bigfeets... and I'm probably gonna pop a cap in his fanny?

This here's a no brainer... it'll make me famous and probably earn me some endorsement money as the feller that finally proved bigfeets is real. I might even have me a tv show or something... "Hunting Bigfeets with Bubba"? It will also put an end to that "Finding Bigfoot" program and them sissies can go on back home and do whatever it was they was a doing before... opening up a prime-time spot for another show about shooting things or blowing stuff up. And lastly, but perhaps most importantly... I'll have me the coolest taxidermy mount in the trailer park! I'll finally be the envy of the Shangri-La Motor Park and Auto Salvage!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Well if I'm out in the woods one day... and all of a sudden I see me an eight foot tall, five hundred pound, hair covered something or another a walking towards me on two legs... I'm going to positively ID that 'something or another' as one of them there bigfeets... and I'm probably gonna pop a cap in his fanny?

This here's a no brainer... it'll make me famous and probably earn me some endorsement money as the feller that finally proved bigfeets is real. I might even have me a tv show or something... "Hunting Bigfeets with Bubba"? It will also put an end to that "Finding Bigfoot" program and them sissies can go on back home and do whatever it was they was a doing before... opening up a prime-time spot for another show about shooting things or blowing stuff up. And lastly, but perhaps most importantly... I'll have me the coolest taxidermy mount in the trailer park! I'll finally be the envy of the Shangri-La Motor Park and Auto Salvage!

You knucklehead!! :whip::whip: Have another drink and set by the fire and behave! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

biggdogg

i have a bigfoot encounter every morning when I put my size 14 boots on. does that count?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's just a holdover from the European villager mindset of monsters living in the woods outside the village. I was watchin' that new Hobbitt movie yesterday, and I noticed that every wild, dark place they went to outside of "civilization" had a passel of dangerous monsters of some sort. Trolls in the woods, orcs running around everywhere, too. Mountain ravines had monsters, caves were full of goblins and such-pretty much anywhere wild or dark was inhabited by something big, mean, and nasty. Town dwellers here carry on the tradition of trolls in the deep, dark woods by inventing bigfoot. It's just fear of the unknown. :)

GA DAWG

I've had plenty of troll encounters. I guess that'd be a different thread:D

greg_n_clayton

They don't like homesteaders, fences, fire or buildings. They eschew toilets, privy pits, middens and they do not bury their scat.

From the BC Kootenays and Chilcotin regions there are stories of sasquatches destroying the middens, outhouses and log cabins of gold panners and claim stakers in the 1800's. They'd take a stand up in the hills above the cabins and attack the cabins at night from up in the hills. They'd roll or throw massive boulders and uprooted trees down onto the cabins, the sluices and any other structures there and smash them to bits beyond recognition and drive the men away, chasing after them and throwing big rocks and logs at them.

In later times in the Omineca, Bulkley, Nechako and Skeena regions (those are all large valleys and river basins in the BC northern interior) they became more accustomed to homesteaders who farmed and kept livestock. They would come and destroy wooden fences then steal apples and pears from orchards and corn from the corn fields. Some photographs were taken in the 1940's in the Bulkley Valley of a family of sasquatches mingling with a herd of grazing dairy cows in a pasture. The family were picking and eating mushrooms and the cows were ignoring them. The photograph and story were published in the local newspaper there and later was archived in the museum there.

TTT FYI
I pulled this from another board !!

greg_n_clayton

I think it's just a holdover from the European villager mindset of monsters living in the woods outside the village. I was watchin' that new Hobbitt movie yesterday, and I noticed that every wild, dark place they went to outside of "civilization" had a passel of dangerous monsters of some sort. Trolls in the woods, orcs running around everywhere, too. Mountain ravines had monsters, caves were full of goblins and such-pretty much anywhere wild or dark was inhabited by something big, mean, and nasty. Town dwellers here carry on the tradition of trolls in the deep, dark woods by inventing bigfoot. It's just fear of the unknown. :)

Uhhhh.....did you set and watch the whole thang my friend ?? Or was it just what was on that your loved ones happen to be watchin' ??

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Uhhhh.....did you set and watch the whole thang my friend ?? Or was it just what was on that your loved ones happen to be watchin' ??

You done run the Hillbilly off? He must'a been drinking when he slipped up and admitted he was a Hobbit fan? Heck though... I can't say nothing. I set here one rainy day at the house and watched about thirty minutes of that 'Brokeback Mountain'... thought I was watching me a new cowboy picture that I hadn't never seen? It was purty good till it got to the part about them fellers going camping :hair:

greg_n_clayton

You done run the Hillbilly off? He must'a been drinking when he slipped up and admitted he was a Hobbit fan? Heck though... I can't say nothing. I set here one rainy day at the house and watched about thirty minutes of that 'Brokeback Mountain'... thought I was watching me a new cowboy picture that I hadn't never seen? It was purty good till it got to the part about them fellers going camping :hair:

I ain't never had a hankerin' to watch any of it !!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Conversational drift.:pop:

Its intentional...............they know they got nothing. Did you read the report I just posted for you guys?

Its pretty cool......

Hillbilly, you are entitled to your opinion and I tend to agree with the dark places having scary creatures thing.

But perhaps, it is the Bigfoot that has them freaked out for so many years and they make up the trolls, Goblins and hobbits and stuff in order to explain the Unexplainable BIGFOOT Encounter;)

You sir, are entitled to your opinion, however, you are not entitled to your own Facts:biggrin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.