Habersham/White/Rabun Deer Thread

No luck for me on opening weekend, had some neighbors some strolling through right where I was hunting, but my friend saw five and hit a doe. We tracked her for two hours, but jumped her and ran out of blood. Looked to be a shoulder shot so hopefully she makes it. Big buck was seen behind my house yesterday evening, along with 8 does across the road. Hopefully will get a shot at that buck this weekend.

I saw a doe and fawn on Friday, and haven't hunted since. I'll start hunting hard starting after Halloween and going thru mid Dec. From my experiences, thats the best time in the mtns. Good luck everyone!

bowbuck

Anyone have any luck so far this weekend. Its been slow in the mornings for me not able to hunt most evenings right now. Lots of sign in the woods just havent seen much since last weekend, how bout ya'll.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Seen 8 this morning, bunch of little bucks and a doe and fawn. Had a 4pt and a spike trailing the doe and a fawn at about 10:30 grunting and acting all giddy. Went up on Tray the other morning and passed a 5pt. They are starting to put down some sign, should be good in the morning.

snakeguy7

still bow hunting. shot at a lone doe tonight around 6 pm at 40 yards. arrow went just under her. saw a lone 4pt yesterday. tough season so far..

tree cutter 08

killed a few hogs about a week ago. got a cam setup on a scrape and have pics of 2 diffrent shooter bucks using it about 20 mins after dark. just got to find out where their coming from before it gets dark. seen another bear yesterday. up in the mountains lots of red oaks but absolutly no game. have yall guys noticed any mountain oak acorns this year?

PinkTC

1st deer with the pink gun

Have seen lots of does with babies and 1 spike. No shooter bucks yet.

picture.php

Shot this deer this morning with my pink T/C 270.

new buck on trail cam

I previously posted a pic of an 8 pt I have been getting on trail cam (in Rabun county), now I have a new buck that has showed up the last couple of days. Maybe the old mtn bucks are starting to move more? I think this deer is older than the 8 pt I have been getting pics of. I will drop the hammer on this one if I see him from the stand...

big_5.jpg

big5_2.jpg

tree cutter 08

fire away. thats a good ol mountain deer. been geting a few pics lately of bucks just after dark. good luck with him. they should start showing up in the daylight a little more after this full moon goes away.

fire away. thats a good ol mountain deer. been geting a few pics lately of bucks just after dark. good luck with him. they should start showing up in the daylight a little more after this full moon goes away.

Thanks Tree Cutter, good luck to you too! Be sure to share some pics when you get that big'un!

tree cutter 08

well got one deer ive been after this year. not a monster but a decent deer for the mountains. better start huntin the does, he was checking them out. shot him just after 5 this evening. seen 7 does and he was following them around. could'nt belive it with the moon as full as it is right now. not sure how old he is but he sure has put on the weight. next 2 weeks are my favorite time to be in the woods. broke in the new 257 roberts as well.

Attachments

• buck deer and boys 017.jpg
    buck deer and boys 017.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,281

bowbuck

Congrats treecutter. I killed a 2.5 yr old 3pt yesterday with my bow. Hope to find a big buck in the next few days.

Hab Co. Slayer

Dang it boy Kyle. . you gonna have to start shooting smaller bucks where some of us other boys can kill a good one every now and then!!!

hwy22

Saw on Wednesday of this week 5 total. Big body 4 point pushing a doe around. They are starting to heat up on chasing around where i hunt. Going this morning to see if big boy shows up doing the same thing.

tree cutter 08

better be in the woods. saw at least 9 does this morning, 1 shooter buck maybe a 8pt extremely wide, and 2 smaller 6pts all within about 30 mins. i think 1 of the does had to be ready for that many bucks to be around. 2 of the bucks stoped to work a scrape that was in the ivy thicket so no shot was made. great morning to be in the woods!

trout man

Saw 15 today. 12 does and a few small bucks trying to find the does. Had their heads down and following their trail. Pretty fun day and they were moving after 9 am.