Towee Boats

Limitless

Saw the Towee Calusa skiff at the Fly Fishing show and was pretty impressed. I would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who has one or has fished out of one. It looks like it would work well on the rivers, lakes and on the flats.

henryc

Hi Limitless

What is it you want to know about the Towee? I own a Calusa and use it a little on Lanier, a tad on the trout stream and a ton on the carp flats on the Hooch. Anything you want to know I’d be happy to help answer for you. They are a tremendous microskiff that works well in so many environments.

D

Deleted member 35556

Hi Limitless

What is it you want to know about the Towee? I own a Calusa and use it a little on Lanier, a tad on the trout stream and a ton on the carp flats on the Hooch. Anything you want to know I’d be happy to help answer for you. They are a tremendous microskiff that works well in so many environments.

Hey Henry - I'd like to know more about your experience on Lanier in it. I fish Lanier a lot in a bigger center console, but am looking to get into a smaller skiff for better fishing in the river and flats.

dank1296

look at the Solo Skiff manufactured in Carrollton Ga. I use mine on Lanier can handle up to a 6 hp motor. I use a 2.5 suzuki cause im in no hurry. Send me a pm if interested. A relative works for crescent kayaks who have them in stock locally.

henryc

jivarie

Got your PM and just answered your questions back on a PM. You'll find a Towee on Lanier works fine. You are going to need to get used to being in a microskiff compared to a Key West. Things you could easily do in a Key West you won't do in a Towee and visa versa (on the river and the flats). However, the Towee is an extremely well built (overbuilt) boat. The fit and finish is much better then your Key West. And the Key West is a very nice boat with regards to fit and finish. Put a 20hp on it and you'll be happy! Remember it is basically a two man boat. I fish three out of mine but only cause I am guiding. For fun fishing I think two is best. It is a very tough boat that can take a lickin'. It's not for everyone but I love mine...

Attachments

• Towee poling.jpg
    Towee poling.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 190

TomC

How do these compare to a Riverhawk. I had a Riverhawk Kingfisher B-60 which is the Cadillac of the B-60 models. Was incredible for bass fishing, super stable and I had it out in some pretty rough wake conditions with no issues. My problem was that it was an INCREDIBLY wet ride. I'd like to get another similar small boat but I don't want to feel like I just got out of the shower every time I go cruising across the lake.

Teh Wicked

The more I look at power boats, the more I want something like a G3 side console...jet drive it and take it on the hooch, still plenty of boat to get on Lanier and chase those Striper.