Palmetto State Armory

frankwright

I had to pay 4% a few months ago. Didn't realize it until it had shipped.
This is from their website but I think it is crazy.

It just cost them a sale of an AR15 Upper.

"Thank you for the inquiry. Due to PSA's ever growing business, the state of Georgia is now applying a 4% sales tax to all purchases made from our website by residents with Georgia zip codes. Thank you for your continued support and understanding."
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 1-803-724-6950
info@palmettostatearmory.com

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I had to pay 4% a few months ago. Didn't realize it until it had shipped.
This is from their website but I think it is crazy.

It just cost them a sale of an AR15 Upper.

"Thank you for the inquiry. Due to PSA's ever growing business, the state of Georgia is now applying a 4% sales tax to all purchases made from our website by residents with Georgia zip codes. Thank you for your continued support and understanding."
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 1-803-724-6950
info@palmettostatearmory.com

So you're going to boycott a privately owned business because of the sales tax imposed upon them by the state you live in?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So you're going to boycott a privately owned business because of the sales tax imposed upon them by the state you live in?

That's what I was thinking. I guess that calls for a boycott of every gun store in Georgia, too. :)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
wierd,,, because they sure as heck charge Ga folks sales tax on online sales

They just started doing this recently.....glad I put my AR Together before they started it.......yes, the upper came from them:bounce:
I will say that this^^^^^ is why I am not too crazy about buying stuff from them anymore...............When I buy online, I dont want to pay Sales tax, regardless if I should or not.
Free Shipping and NO TAX are the bragging rights to buying online:cheers:

sbroadwell

They just started doing this recently.....glad I put my AR Together before they started it.......yes, the upper came from them:bounce:
I will say that this^^^^^ is why I am not too crazy about buying stuff from them anymore...............When I buy online, I dont want to pay Sales tax, regardless if I should or not.
Free Shipping and NO TAX are the bragging rights to buying online:cheers:

From having to deal with this in my "day job" work, I know something about the issue. All the states have been just dying to get their tax hands on internet sales, and it is happening. States have gotten their acts together, and vendors now really have to do it. Even Amazon gave in, and is collecting tax most places.