Red dot scope with magnification

wareagle700

What about something like the Leupold VX-R? I think Aimpoint makes a few magnified red dots also but not anything high powered.

wareagle700

I could be wrong about the Aimpoints. I thought they offered some with magnification but maybe not.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Vortex and others make some nice scopes with illuminated reticles if you're wanting magnification. I prefer no magnification with a red-dot sight, myself-it kind of defeats the purpose. I have a Vortex red-dot that has a magnifier, but I never use it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I prefer no magnification with a red-dot sight, myself-it kind of defeats the purpose.

I agree...once you move away from 1X it defeats the purpose most people use red dots for....both eyes open and parallax free. I think at/after 1.5X it is a scope and should be use as such. I have one of the 1-6 Vortex's on one of mine but haven't tried much 1X work with it. The OP never posted how much magnification they were looking for so it really hard to say anything real constructive for them.

Mtn lover

You should look at Primary Arms 4 x 14. The reticle is really good for ranging , is first focal plane and has six settings on the red dot (arrow) . I love mine and was less than $300
good luck

Ajohnson0587

You can buy a 3x magnifier to add behind a red dot, flips to the side if not in use. But for the money your going to spend on a good red dot and 3x magnifier, I prefer a low magnification scope like my 1x4 Vortex Viper PST with illuminated Tactical MOA reticle. I even have a CrossFire II with the Illuminated V-Plex reticle as well. Here's a link to the Tactical MOA reticle I have on a few of the PST scopes I have.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-moa-reticle/reticle