Lake Oconee Crappie!!

camotoy

We went back to the lake again today and caught another mess of slabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100_00652.jpg

100_00622.jpg

gabuckeye

You mean Justin caught a mess! ::ke:
Nice looking mess of fish. Please pack 8 filets to the zip lock bag! I can pick them up next week when I'm up. :D

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Dang Camotoy, you boy's are slaying them...:D

That's a nice mess of fish, congrats... :clap:

Were you guy's fishing in the same area as last time?

Sounds like fun! Nice fish!

Where and what time of day are you catching Them Crappie at we Tried Red Lands Sat and caught 2 this was in the evening time? Also what live or artificial bait?

camotoy

same area ,,, richland creek ,, tripple ripple jigs ,anything with green in it and we were fishin 4 till dark!!!!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Thanks for the update Camotoy!

I may try to go down there this weekend, that or to Lick Creek. Lick Creek is much closer for me, though it's probably crowded there.

Do you put in at Lawrence Shoals there off of Hwy-16 and head up the creek?

SGaither

Nice load of fish. I too went to Oconee yesterday and only caught one small bass. Put in at Sugar Creek and stayed in that area. Could not get a crappie to bite. I would love to get into a mess of them, as a matter of fact we saw several rigs fishing the deep channels just outside of the marina and hardly any fish were being pulled out. I guess the water temp in that part of the lake is still a little cold, it was ranging anywhere from 56-60 degrees. If you ever need an extra hook in the boat let me know, I love catching em.

camotoy

huntnut ,,during the week i put in at long shoals ,,but on weekends i put in at lawarence shoals a little les crowded!!!