Nikon

Lilly Pad

Has anybody had warranty work done with them?
How long did it take ?
I sent a scope in back in January and as of today they can't give me an answer when I will have it back,except to say it will be replaced under warranty.
Redfield one time only took 2 weeks before it was returned.
Needless to say no more Nikons for me,even tho I like them the best.

killerv

I've had nothing but positive experiences, sent a monarch back and received it in about 3-4 weeks, a camera lense was sent and received quickly. Buddy sent an old 80s era Nikon back and they sent him a new monarch.

Buford_Dawg

My only experience

Sent a Nikon Monarch I originally bought in 1995 back last year as the inside of the glass got foggy. In 2 weeks had a brand new Monarch in my hands from Nikon. I had paid 199.00 back in 95 and got a 399.00 scope in return. All I paid was postage. Excellent service IMO.

Lilly Pad

Just got off the phone....again....with them. Now they are telling me they are waiting on production and shipment from Japan.
Sounds like a bunch of CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored to me,this from a service supervisor who hinted at,dont call us,we will email,you. Have 4 emails about all this.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Send a very polite, descriptive email praising their product and your dedication to their product and spelling out communications you have had with customer service thus far to the CEO for Nikon North & South America:

Bo Kajiwara

bo.kajiwara@nikon.com

I have contacted Corporate CEO's twice when confronted with Customer No Service and both times got immediate results. The key is to be extremely polite, complimentary and diplomatic with your wording, anything less than that will not work.

Lilly Pad

Thanks Miguel, I have now sent per your advise an email. Will c what happens and post put come.
Again thank you

Handgunner 45-70

I just got off the phone with Nikon about a scope that I sent in for repairs in Jan. Was told that it is being replaced at no charge but they are waiting on shipments to come in. I figure with all the bad weather they are having up north that could mess up delivery. I can not complain as this scope was a pre monarch.

Lilly Pad

Handgunner, its been 8 days tomorrow having sent Mr Kajiwara an email about my scope. So far no reply. Called customer service again yesterday for any updates and was told, we will email you,no need to check on updates.
Good luck with your scope,all I can say is Nikon will never get any more money from me for any more products,as it seems they just don't have quality people you can go to when all you are asking for is a time frame and not lied to or given the run around.

Lilly Pad

Those shipments are from overseas not shipments locally in the USA is what is meant when they tell you that. That much I did find out pertaing to mine anyway

killerv

Handgunner, its been 8 days tomorrow having sent Mr Kajiwara an email about my scope. So far no reply. Called customer service again yesterday for any updates and was told, we will email you,no need to check on updates.
Good luck with your scope,all I can say is Nikon will never get any more money from me for any more products,as it seems they just don't have quality people you can go to when all you are asking for is a time frame and not lied to or given the run around.

You need to learn a little thing called patience. This isn't worth getting all worked up over. You are worried over nothing. You'll get your scope.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

Six days ;)

Would you mind copy and pasting the email you sent to him on here?

00Beau

Returns and replacement takes extra time if they are backed up, Be patient , they will honor their word.

Mtn lover

Due to a guide friends suggestion, I sent in a pair of binoculars that my kids got me for Christmas. I stated that I had fallen in the creek and broke them and that all the blame was on me. They sent me new ones within a couple of weeks. He said he hunts/guides with a rep. who said they are really good on warranty issues. Now i know he was right and made me a future customer.
Good luck

Lilly Pad

I am happy somebody is getting good service, as of today I haven't had a response from anyone with Nikon concerning even a truthfull , rough time table. And yes my patience is gone with them as far as a truthful reply goes instead of some run around double talk like they have been giving me. Its as if they have lost all the info on my scope.
I don't care anymore,I just know now I am done with Nikon and will stick with redfield from now on, and made here.

Handgunner 45-70

Sorry you are having such bad luck with your scope. The day after I talked to them they sent me an email explaining about the delay and I am OK with that. When you think about it at least you are getting another scope for replacement at no cost, some dealer would say tuff luck and charge you for replacement or tell you to buy a new scope. Years ago Tasco would replace any damaged scope for free, but since they sold out, their warranty is null and foid, they will repair it but you'll pay more than buying a new scope. Again my scope was old and wore out I couldn't use it anyway so I don't mind waiting on a new one.

rosewood

...will stick with redfield from now on, and made here.

Be sure to check the packaging, all Redfields are not made here anymore. The cheaper ones are made in the orient. I also discovered that Redfield, Leupold and many other binoculars are not made here.

Rosewood

Latest posts