Any “old school” hunters around?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. I knew the old comment would get y'all out of your rocking chairs. Lol. I'm just joking. I think people as a whole are way to dependent on modern technology. Not many people left that know how to cure their meats and can their vegetables. I would love to learn how to build and work a smoke house or how to salt cure.

Luckily, I grew up doing that stuff. It seemed like a pain at the time, but it's good knowledge to have. I no longer raise hogs or have a smokehouse, but I still can a good bit of garden stuff, make a lot of jelly, sauces, and such.

elmer_fudd

This year was the first year I actually hunted from a tree stand!

Daniel Boone didn't hunt from a tree stand! ;)

Personally I'm glad that people are lazy. I am blessed that my health is good enough that I can walk further than most others are willing (or able). I prefer hunting from the ground using natural cover like our ancestors might have. But that's just my personal preference. Don't really care how others choose to hunt as long as they're not invading my space with noisy motorized contraptions.

elmer_fudd

I ain't skurred a no booger and I never met the booger I couldn't grin to death.:bounce:

:bounce:
Hilarious.
I remember my younger days camping by myself with a .357 on my hip and a shotgun close by in case of boogers. Now I do it so often I don't even think about boogers.

swamp hunter

Is there a Season or Bag Limit on Boogers..?
We don't have them down in the Glades.

Went to a Cane Grinding not long ago in far North Florida. Sugar Cane.
Old time for sure.
Family's all gathered up and I got a whisky bottle full of syrup.

The mtn man

Is there a Season or Bag Limit on Boogers..?
We don't have them down in the Glades.

Went to a Cane Grinding not long ago in far North Florida. Sugar Cane.
Old time for sure.
Family's all gathered up and I got a whisky bottle full of syrup.

Booger season opens around the same time as haint season. Wampos cats have no closed season.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Over the course of 40 years, I grew up hunting the unforgiving cold region of Caribou, Maine, Barre, Vermont and western Massachusetts. Hunted in New York up near Canada

Welp, there you go. That's you're problem right there. You suffer from Geographic Birthright Superiority Syndrome.

oldfella1962

A handful of nettle and you check it with a stalk of mullein.

Prickly pear cactus would rank very, very low I would imagine - I'm not going to test it out!

Latest posts