'06 Archery Buck

Ol' Red

Banned
Mack2.jpg

Mack1Small.jpg

He was the fourth deer I saw that morning before 8:30. I had two does come in around sun up. Then a small 6 point came in. I started grunting and snort wheezing at him just to see what he would do. I caught more movement out of the corner of my eye and this guy came in. His back leg was broken really bad. He postured at the 6 pt. I grunted, snort wheezed and rolled the can 1 time. In he came. He had his eyes fixed on my "decoy."(nothing but a deer tail hanging from a string). I shot him at 15 yds. The slicktricks did a serious number on him. He went about 30 yards. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks David for posting them for me.

Red

Last edited:

pnome

Very nice symetrical 8pt. Some long brow tines on that one.

I can only dream of taking such a fine buck with my bow. Congrats!

matthewsman

Nice

when did you do that?

Send me a pm,.....The other thing..Thanks and congrats.......:cheers:

Arrow3

Nice bow buck!!

Ol' Red

Banned
Thank you David Helmy for posting the pictures for me. I couldn't get it to work.

Red

Jasper

Way to go man! Nice buck!

gadeerwoman

Nice the way you made a little pillow for his head, but I don't think he's able to enjoy it.:biggrin2:
Nice buck for the wall...congratulations!

Just BB

Congratulations, Is it just me or does anybody else notice that they (Ol'Red and Ol' Dead) both are kinda winking with their left eye!::ke:

Ol' Red

Banned
We planned it that way. Actually, he isn't dead. He's my pet that I feed corn in my back yard. He let's me take a pitcure like that every year....Thought about using it a Christmas card.

Red