Scope covers

dbodkin

With all the chat about optics , scopes and stuff . I wonder what y'all use for scope covers. I have Butler Creek flip opens on all mine but one particular size has given problems. The cover fails to stay shut and I'm on my second set. Gun isnt banged around and always hard cased ::huh: Also wonder what the warranty is on those things...
:confused:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
DB,

I have used Butler CReek w/o issue on several guns. Course last month while beating down a trail in a 5 year old clear cut I snatched one clean off ::huh: :speechles

Jim

D

dave

dbodkin said:
With all the chat about optics , scopes and stuff . I wonder what y'all use for scope covers. I have Butler Creek flip opens on all mine but one particular size has given problems. The cover fails to stay shut and I'm on my second set. Gun isnt banged around and always hard cased ::huh: Also wonder what the warranty is on those things...
:confused:

I use the same. I have had problems with the 50mm objective cap popping open. The larger ones seem to be prone to opening.

dbodkin

Dave... just so happens the one that wont stay closed is 50mm objective lense. I've gone through two. :mad: I hate to buy a third one :banginghe

Deerhead

I have the same problem with the Butler Creek 44mm objective. I am also on my 3rd set.
I have been searching for a new brand.

I want a see through flip-up style

Any suggestrions?

SWAMPFOX

They ain't pretty but since I could not find the right size, I had to resort to using Bikini scope covers from Walmart. They seem to work ok.

Ruger Redhawk

dbodkin, I had the same problem with the cover not staying closed.Not sure if this will help yours or not.I kept pushing my cover making sure it was on. I found pushing on to much causes these cover to open and hard to keep closed.Push it on but don't put excessive pressure. That probably will solve your problem.BC has a lifetime warranty.Not sure what it covers.BC has a toll free number. Give them a call. 1-800-948-1356

Ruger Redhawk

QuakerBoy

Dave...I bet a drop or 2 of super glue will keep it closed :eek: