Great season so far

bwagon83

Started my second season of trad hunting off this year. I used magnus stingers last year and was pleased with them on my first trad deer last season. I think its the nature of hunters to tinker with other gear. I read a few post about simmons broadheads and watched some of Chris Spikes videos so I decided to order some tree sharks. So far I'm liking them pretty darn good. As you can see the one buck was poorly hit. Not sure what I hit but it must have got some goody. He was down within 150 yards. A lil surprised the doe made it as far as she did roughly 125 yards with a solid blood trail. The other buck was down within sight about 60 yards. All were taken with 55lb sammick sage, GT arrows, tree sharks between 10-12 yards. Really enjoy hunting with trad equipment. :fine:

Attachments

• IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3844(2).JPG
    IMG_3844(2).JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4143(1).JPG
    IMG_4143(1).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

bwagon83

I am very impressed. Had that sinking feeling after the shot on the poorly hit 5 point. Just gave him some time and put my buddies lab pup on the trail at impact sight and she went right too him. Honestly felt he died on the run and didnt have to wait to expire.

Last edited:

bwagon83

Ha, took me longer to find the broken shaft than it did the 8 point buck. Didnt want to lose that treeshark.

bwagon83

Appreciate all the congrats. Ultimately it's each and every one of you that post about your successes, failures, lessons learned, and excitement for the hunt that inspired me get some gear and give it a whirl. Guaranteed it would still be just a thought in my head had I not stumbled on the trad forum a couple years ago. Thanks

Clipper

You are getting the job done, man! Congratulations on a very successful season and proud for you.

Tree Sharks are so good, and I can attest that the design helps make up for marginal shots.

After shooting a nice 9 ptr. this year, the processor I took it to asked me, "Did you kill that deer with a hatchet?"

That's why it is the only head I'll use