Elk quota hunt in Tennessee

sniffen08

Has anyone ever be drawn for quota elk hunt in Tennessee? Looking to see what the price range was for an overall trip, to try and plan out for this fall.

ProAngler

It has been awhile since I looked at it but I’m pretty sure a better strategy would be to win the lotto first then pay an outfitter out west, more likely to happen then to get drawn for an east coast elk hunt .

shdw633

I think their tags are in the mid 500's if I am not mistaken for non-resident tags.

limestone

About 5 years ago drawed a bull elk tag for Kentucky. Killed a nice 5x5. About $1000 for do it yourself. $2500 with a guide and up.

Tennessee Elk

i talked to a Tennessee game warden he said no out of state permits for Elk .. TENNESSEE residents only.. how ever they do put one tag on ebay for any one to bid on proceeds go to there elk program .. i saw the one they put on ebay last year it went for $10.500 i think .. you can look it up for yourself, i would like to have one myself just to much money for me,, hope this helps ,,, God bless ...latter bob

sniffen08

Thank you all! I'm just trying to get some good places for hunting this upcoming season. I plan on waiting on the elk hunt, but I do plan on looking at some good WMA's in north GA that I can do some weekend hunting trips with my son this year, if you all have any suggestions??

lampern

If you get the state to protect any elk that wander in from TN or NC you might have a chance to hunt them in GA

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If you get the state to protect any elk that wander in from TN or NC you might have a chance to hunt them in GA

Any elk that wanders down into Georgia can be hunted anyway.