10/22/17 am

Twinkie .308

A nice 8 pointer has bedded down 80 yards out in the cut from me

BigBrett

Handful of shots here. Diddle squat has come by us. Squirrel control will be in full swing after deer season.

OceanNutt

Just curious, but what does a deer look like? If they climb trees and have grey tails then I have been covered up.

Twinkie .308

That buck got up when I wasn't looking and made it to the other side of the drainage cause he just chased a doe back by me. First chase I've seen this year

BigBrett

Son just shot his first. It’s a small 8. He is pumped. Pics in a while

B. White

Had a buck hit a scrape near me just before 11. Put the scope on him and it was too thick to see. He eased on through and I put the rifle down and popped him with the rock island 10mm. Aimed high shoulder and hit too far back based on where i saw blood on the hide but it put him down. Guess I'll sit here a few mins and make sure.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Had a buck hit a scrape near me just before 11. Put the scope on him and it was too thick to see. He eased on through and I put the rifle down and popped him with the rock island 10mm. Aimed high shoulder and hit too far back based on where i saw blood on the hide but it put him down. Guess I'll sit here a few mins and make sure.

Congrats!!

I am on the tree still. Hoping for a mid day score.

HossBog

Recovering from heart condition, would have been in church otherwise, but I heard two shots this morning, hope somebody got two!

BigBrett

Not a monster but good for a first deer

Attachments

• 51986F4B-54FC-412D-81DA-543A9D7F676D.jpeg
    51986F4B-54FC-412D-81DA-543A9D7F676D.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 355

BigBrett

I’ve killed several bigger deer. But this is by far a better feeling. To watch the anticipation, feel the shaking, and here the nervous breathing....I almost cried. He is almost a teenager, but I got the best hugs since he was born. And I’m proud as a side note