10th Bowkill -- A Kansas Bruiser

bukhuntr

Congrats buddy! Great deer and outcome. I know exactly how you feel, but you had a better ending. I hit one back on public land in Nebraska and never found him. I keep replaying it over and over and over. Congrats again!

Jim Boyd

Man, what a wonderful story, great outcome and a BEAST of a deer.

Jim Boyd

Many, many congratulations!

Awesome, all the way around.....

rjcruiser

Thanks y'all. I was fortunate for sure.

BowChilling

Great story Ryan, thanks for sharing. Mass will fool you. A heavy horned buck is every bit as impressive as a long tined one. That is a old heavy warrior!

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Congrats on a great buck

rjcruiser

Congrats! Great experience, Kansas is a different world.
Hunting with an outfitter? Public land?

I'm fortunate enough to have extended family living in Kansas that farm. Now...if only Kansas would allow grandkids to get lifetime licenses of residents...I'd be set. :cry: Until then, I have to keep buying out of state tags.:cry::cry::cry:

Pilgrim

WoW! Congrats!!! :yeah::cheers::yeah:

rjcruiser

Do you guys bring this meat back from Kansas or donate it? Nice deer.

Ended up paying for the processing and giving it to my family where we hunt. The processor wasn't going to be able to get the processing done in time before we left.

rjcruiser

Awesome deer!! Just curious what is your set up?

Bowtech D350. Easton St Axis arrows. Bipolar 125 gr broadheads. The arrow is something like 465 grains flying at about 280 fps. The broadhead has so far taken down 4 deer and two of them were midwest giants. This head was ground up in the off hip and was in pretty good shape after I pulled it out. The main blade was bent slightly and one of the fold out blades was bent, but it could be straightened and used again. It did everything it was advertised to do and I've been pleased with the head so far.

Broken Tine

Great story! Heck of a buck! Thanks for sharing.

South Man

Thanks for sharing! congrats