2 pigs one arrow

dm/wolfskin

I left my house last night about 9:30pm and got down to the farm near 10pm. Two deer and a one pig run out of the field as I turn in. The pig was over a 100 yards away when it cross the road. I parked my truck right there and started my hunt. I walked a road parallel to where the pig went in. I had only gone 50 yards or so I heard grunting behind me back toward my truck. I go back and see a bunch of pigs piling into the soybean field. Alot of them were gallon size with a couple sows with them.The wind was wrong for me but I did try to get above and in front of them but just as quick as they came into the field they turn around and was gone. I stayed in the field walking and searching for a black or greyish object. Pigs eyes don't shine like a deer. Finally after I criss cross the field I see a dark object to the East. I start closing in fast and slow down when I get 50 yards from him. I can make the pig out good now. He's feeding North and I'm Southwest of him. The wind is come out of due North. This is good. As I slowly creep closer he turns and starts my way. My arrow is on ready and I get the bow on my right side and position it for a shot. Somewhere between 10 and 15 yards he turns broadside. Bingo! My GT3555 shaft with a 190gr Grizzly and a green Nockturnal nock that was power by my Shrew longbow is zig zagging across the soybean field. At 150 yards or so just before the tree line my lighted arrow goes from horizontal to vertical and still. Dead boar. After a few bad pictures I head back to get my truck. The hunt isn't over yet.

As I get a couple hundreds yards from my truck I see two greyish objects left of my truck in the soybeans. Do I really want to put on another stalk or go clean my boar hog. STALK STALK STALK! Ok you made up my mind, me myself. So here I go again across the bean field heading due Southwest till I get a little pass them and start heading towards them. I'm 30 yards out but I heard grunting back behind me. I turn and scan behind me and see that same group of little pigs and two sows. They turn and run right back from where they came from. I turn back to the two I'm stalking and they to trot to the road and disappear. Oh well, it was exciting. Get to my truck and take off all my shooting stuff and head down to get my boar. As I get to my dead pig my truck lights pick up a string of dark objects 150 yards out in the beans heading South. I think a minute and then put everything back on and shut the doors as quiet as I can. I start scanning the field , nothing. Finally after a couple hundreds yards I see dark objects to Northeast. I pick up my pace and zero in on a pig that closes to me. It's a boar but not too big. I can see two big pig East of him and 10 or more pass him. I slow down as I get near. Thirty yards or less. He hears me and stares in my direction. Go backs to feeding. He looks back at me and turn and trots to the other pigs in front of him. They kinda all bunch up for a moment then two smaller pigs are in the same row I'm walking. All the pigs have their butt to me now so I hurry up to get close for a shot. I have a big boar off to my right 30 yards or less but my concentration is on the two out in front. I'm now in good bow range at 15 or less. The two pigs in front swap positions. Unlucky for the pig that was second in line to first in line to me. She turns broadside and then a little quartering away. She lets out a squeal when the same arrow that I kill the boar hog with, hit her in the mid ribs angling forward to her right off shoulder. She was easy to follow as the lighted nock zig zagged for about 50 yards and then it got still. Now the work begins to quarter two pigs up. Anyway that's had it pretty much played out last night.

Attachments

• P7311076.jpg
    P7311076.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 449
  • P7311082.jpg
    P7311082.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 450
  • P7311084.jpg
    P7311084.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

Barry Duggan

Nice pigs you got there Mikey, real nice.

deast1988

Nice man congrats.

SELFBOW

Ain't you to old for this stuff? I thought you was gonna sit on the couch for a while.....
OK Mikey has been nocked several times the last few days just no shots taken.....

Me and Dendy will never catch up w you at this pace, can we add ours together ?

Happy for you!

ngabowhunter

Remember the old Michael Jordan commercials " I wanna be like Mike"? We'll I also wanna be like Mike. Way to go Mike!!!

Clipper

Plenty of pork in the back of that truck. That's what you call filling the freezer!

stick-n-string

Mike we are gonna give you the last name of Carter if you keep this up!! Good job!!