2011 Braves!

DSGB

Great game all around for the most part. I was hoping Delgado could finish it, but it all worked out. Visciano is looking better after that shaky first outing.

Awesome play by Uggla and AGon on that double play!

I thought Prado had it won with that drive to left, but Huff made a great play to run it down. Then Prado comes back and finishes it in the 11th. Got to give credit to Conrad for setting it up with the ground-rule double.

Anybody think Cody Ross will get one in the ribs in the next two games? I figured they weren't going to do anything with the game being so close last night. He did get buzzed once by Visciano, setting up that breaking ball that had him ducking. That would have been sweet if he could've thrown it for a strike.

The Braves' future is looking bright!

Twiggbuster

Go Braves!! Ernie would have been proud.

Cody Ross crushed- I mean crushed- that ball he hit out to left!!! Need to pitch around that guy.

FlipKing

Cody Ross gonna be put in place for that bat flip. I just hope its Venters or Kimbrel that does it. I want the fastball to be closer to 100 :)

DSGB

Yep, it was one of the hardest hit balls I've seen all year. However, the bat flip and little hop/skip was uncalled for, especially since it was the first hit of the game for his team against a pitcher making his 2nd ML start. I can see if he does that with every home run (ex. Sammy Sosa), but it just seemed like he was trying to show him up to me.
I agree it should be Venters or Kimbrel late in the game when we are up 6-0. It will probably be tomorrow's game, so there's little chance for retaliation or spilling over to the next game.

paddlin samurai

We are loaded with young guns, hope some will get to show their stuff come september- Delgado looked awesome. Alex G. another great play on the double play- the guy can play.

Ballplayer

I disagree with the throwing "junk" at batters regardless of a hitters attitude and show, thankfully the Braves are known to be a team that does'nt play dirty, respect goes along way as Bobby Cox proved, he broke records getting thrown out of games but the Umps respected him greatly.

DSGB

Based on the article posted last night, it doesn't appear that anything will happen. If his little skip is part of his normal routine, then so be it.

I thought this comment by Chipper was funny.
"I really didn't see it because he hit it to Lake Oconee and I wanted to try and see it land," Jones said. "I heard about it. Obviously, it's not appreciated. But Cody's not a guy who you would deem to show somebody up."

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110817&content_id=23351154&notebook_id=23351156&vkey=notebook_atl&c_id=atl

Last edited:

DSGB

They made a game of it in the 9th last night after Cain shut them down for the most part. Too bad Linebrink gave up those two runs in the top half of the inning.

JJ struggled a bit early, leaving some pitches up and falling behind hitters. He improved as the night went on, though.

They need to do some damage against Lincecum early, instead of waiting until the late innings. Still have a five game lead in the wild card, but would be nice to increase it tonight.

huntindawg

What a gem by Minor (and EOF, V, and K) to beat Lincecum last night.

Struck out 9 of the 18 he faced and had great control all night.

Oh, and JHey had a couple good at bats w/ a hit...and Constanza had 1AB w/ a hit.

DSGB

Great game! Minor and the 'pen deserve all the credit, but they may still be playing had Chipper not made Lincecum pay for his mistake.

fishinbub

What a gem by Minor (and EOF, V, and K) to beat Lincecum last night.

Struck out 9 of the 18 he faced and had great control all night.

Oh, and JHey had a couple good at bats w/ a hit...and Constanza had 1AB w/ a hit.

Yep, bullpen is lights out...::ke:

huntindawg

Bahahahahahahah.....

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Another chipper HR.... Really like the way this game is going tonight and last night's game. These are practice playoff games.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Awesome catch by bourn. Another great Braves ball game! Everything going right for the bravos tonight....back to back by Uggla and Freeman...that combination doesn't get old.

Last edited:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Great evening at the ball park. We saw Uggla go yard twice, Freeman once, Chipper make a heck of a play at third, Bourn make the play of the game when he crashed into the center field wall and held on to the ball, and a fan get chased down on the field....handcuffed and hauled away by the police. Oh yea, the best part.....an 8 - 1 win for the braves.

Chipper may be getting old but he can still dig it.

BornToHuntAndFish

Another good Braves win Saturday. Sounds like Atlanta got more help in the wildcard race, too. Glad to hear today that Chipper announced his plans to play next year.

WilcoSportsman

Swept the D-backs, gotta keep this run going.:clap:

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice job on another Braves win. Congrats to Uggla getting his 30th HR tonight, 5th time to have a 30+ HR season, with the last Brave reaching 30 being Andruw Jones in 2006 with 41.

DSGB

Hopefully Constanza's ankle isn't hurt too bad. Looked like JJ might have hurt himself, as well, but he stuck it out.