2015 gator harvest results

arrendale8105

Wow. Apparently there was a 14 footer taken in zone 4 lol. I'd have to see that. Just decided to see where mine from last year stacked up with the rest taken from zone 4 and about choked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 993
Ya according that 2 have been killed in the state last year.
1 in zone 1a and 1 in zone 4
I think we all would have know? Don't yall

cowhornedspike

Zone 4 has some very large PRIVATE plantations with very large lakes (ponds) and many very large gators...you just can't get on any of those properties to hunt them. And they don't talk on here about what they kill very often.

Those would have broken the state record. I would know.

Heck we all would know, it would have been in Gon mag.

Yes there

Zone 4 has some very large PRIVATE plantations with very large lakes (ponds) and many very large gators...you just can't get on any of those properties to hunt them. And they don't talk on here about what they kill very often.

You are very correct.:hair::pop::D

tallen92

Wow. Apparently there was a 14 footer taken in zone 4 lol. I'd have to see that. Just decided to see where mine from last year stacked up with the rest taken from zone 4 and about choked.

How big was yours?

arrendale8105

Your absolutely right about all the private land and plantations. I know a lot of people and hunt on some of them but 14ft? I'm with frydaddy that I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about a monster that size especially that it would have been a record. I know it's possible for it to happen and not hear but highly unlikely IMO. Ive also been told about several "13" footers that when we went and scouted were more like 10-11. Extremely nice gators but a lot of times they're like bass and hogs when people start talking size. I'd sure like to see a true 14 footer I know that!

GDAWG84

If you think about it, someone would be in violation of regulations if they didnt report it since every gator harvested has o be validated by dnr personnel to be legal....and I think the current record is 13'9 iirc...I guess it is possible for a gator to be validated and legal but not reported to gon?

vrooom

Actually they only verify the hide with the CITES tag by the due date. They check the sheet you filled out when you harvested it and if you fudged on the length by a little bit they wouldn't know. However I'm guessing for the official record you'd have to have someone from DNR verify the tape while the animal is still whole. I'm thinking it's unlikely that anyone put 14ft of tape on a gator and not even as much as a Facebook photo of it went around

ryan_beasley

Frydaddy can correct me if I am wrong, but I think for the CITES tag you can use the measurement of the hide ONLY and that is what Greg Waters uses for his measurements. Frydaddy also was the one that issued my CITES tag whole at 12'10", but the hide measured 14'1" when skinned and we pulled it tight for measurement. HUGE difference when you're talking about the gator whole or just the hide!

There should

It was in the gon.

There should be a picture then. tallen92

Ok if someone killed a record alligator in zone 4 they
would have had it measured by Dnr for the state record.
Come on guy lets get real hear.

And yes it has to be measured it tack ( whole ) by Dnr
to make it official.
Can't just measure the hide.

Last edited:

tallen92

I agree with the picture but the article was in gon frydaddy.

According the those stats, there was a 169" gator killed in 1 A.
That's 14 .083333333' another record gator.
Two 14' gator in one season, Gon would be all over that.

Michael

Here is what the #1 gator in zone 9 last year looked like :cool:

Attachments

• Jeff's Gator - Copy.jpg
    Jeff's Gator - Copy.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 664
  • Team LetsHunt 2015 Gator - Copy.jpg
    Team LetsHunt 2015 Gator - Copy.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 652

Michael

Here is what the biggest gator from zone 9 in 2014 looked like :cool:

Attachments