2019 Oglethorpe County

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Wildlife taxidermy in Lawrenceville. Have a great friend that knows those guys real well and highly recommended them. I saw some of their work and liked it. He's a little pricey but I don't mind paying top dollar for top work!

Buford_Dawg

Man, it is quiet on right now all over Woody's, not much conversation at all. Should pick up real quick here in about a month. Been moving kids back to college and home from college the last couple weeks, hadnt had time to get down to OC, but hope to get down next Saturday and check cameras and start looking at stand site preparation. Season is getting close, just gotta get thru one more hot month of the year. Addicted, that is a great OC buck, thanks for sharing. North, South, East or West part of OC?

Buford_Dawg

Went to the lease today, loggers started thinning last week, place is currently a mess, but they should be through before bow season, place was dry as the Sahara, doesn't look like it has rained in a couple weeks.
My friend who I hunt with was down at BCR club on Monday and told us he heard the loggers right behind our property, I figured it was on your place.

transfixer

My friend who I hunt with was down at BCR club on Monday and told us he heard the loggers right behind our property, I figured it was on your place.

Yeah, the logging foreman was true to his word when he said he wasn't coming back till the middle of summer, I'm just glad they are cutting now, they've put a lot of logs on the ground, not much left to cut on our tract, I'm guessing they'll be done in another two or three weeks, they're opening up a lot of areas that were pretty thick, we'll have some pretty long shooting lanes in some areas, and I already see a couple of areas for fall food plots, especially around the areas they use for loading docks,

I don't remember the name of the logging company, but these guys are pretty cool, they avoid our stands and feeders, they actually cut a tree that was within 1 foot of my tower stand without damaging my stand ,,, lol I may have to drive up during the week one afternoon and take them a case of cold ones :)

Triple C

Just got home from OC. When I arrived on Friday it looked like the sahara desert. Rained a little off n on friday evening, again saturday afternoon and evening and then the bottom fell out about 9:00 this morning. I mean a gully washer bottom. And it was still raining when I left. Much needed. The grass greened up between the time I got there friday and this morning with the moisture. Clover is just pathetic. Between dry weather and browsing it's just hanging on for dear life. I believe this moisture will give it a much needed boost.

Mowed our 2 largest fields in preparation of spraying, followed by a planting of radishes by late August. Gonna get the brassicas in the ground well ahead of the grains and give them at least 60 days of growing before 1st frost. Planting them 1st of October, when we normally plant our grains, just doesn't give em enough growing time before 1st frost. Hope to have a stand of radishes that looks like this from a few years ago.
radish I.jpg

radish II.JPG

On a pig killin' note...Son killed 5 pigs yesterday with 2 shots. we've had this sounder just killing our clover and shot a few out of it. He spotted this big sow with piglets in our largest filed and put a about a 50 yd belly crawl on er until about 30 yds away. Head shot her with a .22 mag and the piglets scattered but immediately came back to her. Next shot, 4 of the lil ones were perfectly aligned and all dropped with the shot. .22 mag has turned out to be a pig killing machine this summer.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Got my OC hoss back and hung in his final resting place! The wife let me put him in the living room instead of my trophy room!
I'm very pleased with the way he turned out and very grateful to have had the opportunity to hunt and kill such a magnificent buck!IMG_5299.PNGIMG_5300.PNG