2022 GON Truck Buck Shoot Out & Outdoor Blast

Spooner

In 1985 I attended my 1st Buckarama at the Atlanta Civic Center close to downtown Atlanta. Everywhere the Buckarama and now the GON Blast have moved I've driven friends & family to attend this iconic hunting gathering. From Atlanta, to Forest Park, to Perry, to Bass Pro, to Macon, to Gwinnett. It doesn't matter to me where the venue is hosted, it's the friends & the like minded people that I enjoy so much. Fast forward 37 years to the new Lakepoint facility in Emerson, Ga, site of the best Outdoors hunting trade show in 2022 and it NEVER grows old! GON once again hit a walk off home run and are World Series Champions in my eyes! My friend Wendell Duncan shot a 145" buck to win the last week of the best deer hunting contest in the country. I saw him Friday and he said, "Jay my truck is about worn out and I sure could use a new one". I told him I would say a prayer for him and be back Sunday to cheer him on and cry with him if he won it! God answered Wendell's prayer to direct his aim as he stepped up on the platform to shoot an egg at 30' after two other weekly winners had just missed it. Yes, he's now the owner of a beautiful red extended cab 2022 John Megal sponsored Chevrolet Truck! It's not cheap with gas prices or convenient to drive through Atlanta to get anywhere but it's highly important to me that this event continues for many, many years to come. And I always find great deals on deer feed, ammo and numerous other products that friendly vendors have brought to the show. So I encourage everyone to mark it on your calendar for next year and bring your family & friends and get excited for the upcoming deer season. Best of Luck to you all and maybe you'll get your best buck ever in the 2022-2023 season!!!

Blackston

That’s GOOD stuff !!!!! ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You nailed it spooner! I’m sure it is many different things for everyone involved. Some folks looking for a deal, some sharing their products some just wanting to be around like minded folks. I really liked what I heard about the kids area! I think anything to get kids smiling and having a great experience with anything outdoors is awesome! I saw quite a few face paintings and had a smile on my face all night!