john243

Nice rifle. They call those “ Boat paddle” Rugers around here. A .308 with a 150 grain bullet is just about perfect medicine for our South Eastern whitetail. If I was hunting up in Saskatchewan or something similar, I might move up, but not around here.
I read an article this week on the zytel( boat paddle) Rugers. Turns out they are collector items and going for 1500+ on gunbroker. I checked and saw one for $1850 and another $2100 current bids. I didn’t know what I had. I’ve always loved the gun, those are steep increases from the less than $400 I paid new! Y’all convinced me on the .308. I added another one to the fold. BAR MK3 DBM. F9106FCB-B93F-4413-ACF1-69D375CB3CF5.jpeg
More utilitarian than the beautiful walnut, but it’ll be good on rainy days.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I read an article this week on the zytel( boat paddle) Rugers. Turns out they are collector items and going for 1500+ on gunbroker. I checked and saw one for $1850 and another $2100 current bids. I didn’t know what I had. I’ve always loved the gun, those are steep increases from the less than $400 I paid new! Y’all convinced me on the .308. I added another one to the fold. BAR MK3 DBM. View attachment 1211031
More utilitarian than the beautiful walnut, but it’ll be good on rainy days.
That is one sweet BAR.

deerslayer0369

Federal fusion 140’s are deadly out of my sons 7mm-08. Single shot CVA scout topped with a vortex d-back, heck I love to hunt with the little gun…makes for a great climber/lock on boom stick. Now my kimber hunter 6.5creedmore did not like them but it loved the old tried n true OG 140g core-loks. Have fun with it and let’s see some pics once you put a notch in ‘er.

pete2018

I been shooting a Ruger mark 2 .308 win for 15 plus years. Best and accurate gun I ever shot. I killed many deer and hogs from 40 yards up to 300 yards. For years I shot Hornaday SST 150gr, but switched to core-loks. Because due to the ammo shortage the other year I couldn't find Hornaday's no where. The core-loks are great and i can find them for under 30 bucks. Now Hornaday SST cost around 50 bucks and am not planning to switch back. But the .308 win is a awesome all around hunting caliber.