.44 Magnum Deer Loads?

frankwright

I got my .44 Mag problem fixed! It's on the Outdoor Trader! HA!
I have my 14" Contender in .44 Mag that I will still be using and will probably get another single shot in a rifle caliber. Maybe an Encore or Henry!

Darkhorse

No! I wouldn't even think of doing that. What would be the point? If your looking for a challenge then our Georgia woods with the whitetail deer and feral hogs should be challenge enough.
Elk hunting is about the only time I get to use one of my magnum rifles at an extended distance. My last elk was shot with my .300 Win Mag at just over 400 yards. If I had of been hunting with a .44 that bull would have gotten his walking papers. Too often out west elk just show up suddenly at 4 or 5 hundred yards.

pacecars

I may be old fashioned but I have always used hard cast lead bullets in pistols and revolvers. Through the shoulder and they don’t go anywhere

rosewood

I got my .44 Mag problem fixed! It's on the Outdoor Trader! HA!
I have my 14" Contender in .44 Mag that I will still be using and will probably get another single shot in a rifle caliber. Maybe an Encore or Henry!
Say it ain't so...don't do it.

Nimrod71

All this talk about loading 44's got me to looking in my old 44 box, and I found what I was looking for, 265 gr. spoft point 44 bullets. I haven't used these in years. I bought them for my 444. They did so well in the 444 I have loaded them in the 44 as well. Think I may load a few up next week and try them out.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
All this talk about loading 44's got me to looking in my old 44 box, and I found what I was looking for, 265 gr. spoft point 44 bullets. I haven't used these in years. I bought them for my 444. They did so well in the 444 I have loaded them in the 44 as well. Think I may load a few up next week and try them out.
I’ve got a 300 grain swc mold in the shop. Haven’t used it in years.

rosewood

I was actually thinking just that, a bullet that does well in the .444, may work well in 44mag rifle.