Attachments

• cartridge belt.jpg
    cartridge belt.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 495
  • sharps belt.jpg
    sharps belt.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: Dub
Hey GA native i know, i had and shot a 450 Marlin Guide gun for a while! I think the Remington loads etc. for a 45/70 arent bad at all. I plan to shoot the Hornady Leverevolution loads and i dont think any of those will kick like a 450!

Great rifle and scope, congrats. I own both an 1895G and 1895M along with a BLR/.450. I can certainly tell the difference with LE 325 in both, as the .450 is nearly 200 FPS faster.

Enjoy your new toy!

Bam Bam

Rossi Rio Grande 45-70 is a Good One, Here's Mine I Like it!

Attachments

• 004-21.jpg
    004-21.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 396

pdsniper

let us know how you like it I have been looking at getting a Henry
as well I have heard a lot of good things about them

Dub

Outstanding set up right there.

You are really gonna enjoy that one.

Well done...very well done !!!

rosewood

I started casting about 2 years ago. By casting and loading my own 45-70, it went from $1.50+ per shot to about $0.25 per shot. Makes it much more tolerable. :)

You will love it. Just something about a big bore.

Dub

Well, Oppthepop....followed your lead on this one.

Picked up my Henry .45/70 today.

If out of the box impressions count for anything, then I'm pleased. Looking forward to some range time and possibly putting some glass on it.

Action is smooth as silk and the trigger has an instant wall and breaks clean with a light force. The gun has a real good feel and shoulders well. The stock has good mass in the right spots & well balanced. Fit and finish appear to be super.

Looking forward to getting in the woods with this thing next deer season.

Big old rounds for it, too.

.44 RemMag:

A bit larger, lol:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
^^^congrats on the new addition ^^^
Nice looking gun

660griz

Marlin. Or, one of each.
I love my Marlin.

Attachments

• 4570sm.JPG
    4570sm.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 141

Dub

Thanks, guys....this section of Woody's is just like Paymaster's section in that cravings get flung quite often around here. :p

I've been wanting a lever action .45/70 for several years. I've shot a couple friends Marlin Guide Guns and liked the way they handled but wanted a bit larger stock...yet still wanted that easy handling that the Guide Gun offered.

Oppthepop really temped me to go shoulder some of these Henry versions in a couple stores. I never compared l.o.p. dimensions or such, but can say that the buttstock on this Henry shoulders really well for me...like it's longer, yet the overall feel is nice and compact.

Kinda hard to explain, but sometimes compact guns are not really comfortable on taller shooters. This one really feels good, though.

A lot of the woodsy spots I plan on hunting will find me toting this rifle more often than my bolt guns. I'm hoping to put some meat in the freezer with it in a few months.

oppthepop

Well, Oppthepop....followed your lead on this one.

Picked up my Henry .45/70 today.

If out of the box impressions count for anything, then I'm pleased. Looking forward to some range time and possibly putting some glass on it.

Action is smooth as silk and the trigger has an instant wall and breaks clean with a light force. The gun has a real good feel and shoulders well. The stock has good mass in the right spots & well balanced. Fit and finish appear to be super.

Looking forward to getting in the woods with this thing next deer season.

Big old rounds for it, too.

.44 RemMag:

A bit larger, lol:

Atta boy Dub! I truly love mine and it is a killer - Very accurate for a lever action rifle. I think you will enjoy that Henry!

I loved my 45 70, but sold it and bought a used marlin for half the price. IMO and for the price I'd go 444. Either way you can't go wrong.