500 yard rifle range + farm improvement project

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Looking great jb! I know you are having the time of your life and that’s what it’s all about! That and the long term benefits all this fun work is gonna reward!

Jim Boyd

I heard that. I suspect it would. There was some good football played this weekend

I am a Falcons fan and got dropped early.

My bride is a Dolphins fan (and Bills hater) so she has SOME solace.

We are watching but not wholeheartedly

Truth is between that machine vibrating, a bit of chainsaw work and toting a few limbs, I just about had my moneys worth that day.

I am a Falcons fan and got dropped early.

My bride is a Dolphins fan (and Bills hater) so she has SOME solace.

We are watching but not wholeheartedly

Truth is between that machine vibrating, a bit of chainsaw work and toting a few limbs, I just about had my moneys worth that day.
I bet you was wore down for sure ! That’s a good bit of work for an older fella.. I hope the falcons can get belichick. Maybe he can make a difference. I was pulling for the dolphins wanted to see them do well.. maybe next year. Ravens look strong. I say they will be in the Super Bowl my guess. Even though I’m not a fan of them

NMH5050

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

I like it... What is your 500 yard gun set up? I just bout a Leopold CDS scope that is onto of a SAKO A7 300WM. I am excited to break it in.

I don’t really know!

I would like to try my 6.5 cm and my 7/08.

May even try to lob a 6.5 G and 350 Legend in there.

I am not a shooter - it just seemed like a good idea at the time (and still does!)

Good luck with the 300!!!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

I get another shot at the mulcher!

Tomorrow - Saturday.

Then clean the machine up and he picks it up on Sunday.

Rain forecast but that is quite ok.

Excited again.

longrangedog

I've hired some mulching done and while the operator was not running the machine, I tried to ask questions about ownership costs. The teeth are big $ and from what I learned the most wear and damage occurs when back dragging. My place is rocky, and he insisted on back dragging after I said he didn't have to. Claimed it wouldn't look right. Mother nature goes right to work returning the mulched area to its original state. To keep the mulched area open periodic maintenance is required. A tractor with a bush hog works as does herbicide. I'm considering buying a mulching outfit for my place.

Jim Boyd

I've hired some mulching done and while the operator was not running the machine, I tried to ask questions about ownership costs. The teeth are big $ and from what I learned the most wear and damage occurs when back dragging. My place is rocky, and he insisted on back dragging after I said he didn't have to. Claimed it wouldn't look right. Mother nature goes right to work returning the mulched area to its original state. To keep the mulched area open periodic maintenance is required. A tractor with a bush hog works as does herbicide. I'm considering buying a mulching outfit for my place.

I have learned that back dragging is an art.

I am just plain sand and my buddy said drag away.

basshappy

BANNED

100% fact. Mother Nature wastes little time attempting to reclaim what was hers. Those who don't keep up with maintaining what they spent hours or dollars creating can attest to this. That little bit of maintenance goes a long way.

Jim Boyd

100% fact. Mother Nature wastes little time attempting to reclaim what was hers. Those who don't keep up with maintaining what they spent hours or dollars creating can attest to this. That little bit of maintenance goes a long way.

Well said.

No vacuums exist in nature - for long.

sleepr71

Good man for cleaning his machine up.! I would fuel it up too ;) I used one for a while at my place. A day on it will leave most of us feeling like you fought a bad dude..:). Honestly,a day on the Bulldozer isn’t as rough..I guess because it’s heavier.

Jim Boyd

Good man for cleaning his machine up.! I would fuel it up too ;) I used one for a while at my place. A day on it will leave most of us feeling like you fought a bad dude..:). Honestly,a day on the Bulldozer isn’t as rough..I guess because it’s heavier.

Yep, it is semi tough on an old man!

Jim Boyd

Here is where the shooting house is gonna be.

Tucked in some pines for shade.

Needs to be 8’ to the floor.

Probably make the floor 6x8 and add stairs and a roof.

IMG_4389.jpeg

Jim Boyd

Still got some clean up to do but opened this up in a big way.

You can see where the orig food plot lane was.

Probably put 26-28 sawtooths here with clover between the 3 rows.

IMG_4390.jpeg