870 Drilled & Tapped For Scope Mnt.

HD28

I am toying with getting a scope mount put on my 870, but I am worried that it might get messed up. Anyone here had this done and have any info? Also, I am in the Jasper, GA area and am wondering if yall know any really good gunsmiths I could trust to do this right and not hack up the job. For me, this shotgun is irreplaceable and I want it done right! Thanks in advance.

Here is the Truglo red dot I decided to go with instead of drill and tapping:

Attachments

• tg.JPG
    tg.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

ChristopherA.King

Yes he is in Bartow Co. and his name is Roy King he has done several shotguns for me all 870's and the work is top notch. Give him a call
Roy's Gun Service
Roy King
770-773-3548

blt152

B=Square makes a cradle mount that sits over the receiver and mounts using longer pins in the trigger housing holes. No drilling and the gun remains original. Check out Midway USA they should carry it.

rayjay

If the gun means that much to you I would leave it alone and buy another gun to modify. Be forewarned that the scope will sit so high above the receiver that your cheekweld will be more like an under the chin-weld. There is a high comb stock available but the thing weighs a ton.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mossberg makes a rifled slug barrel for the 870 for under $300. Look at their website. It comes with scope mounts.

HD28

I am going to try this setup. Thanks again for all the info. :cheers:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 221