A Brief Recap

Mudfeather

We don't have the deer we use to have so I feel a little guilty about just stacking them up when I don't need the meat. It never goes to waste because I always have employees that need meat and I share it... so

I started the year hunting the edge of a soybean field. I took my compound because I didn't have a defined path to put the deer around 12 yards or so. As luck would have it a nice doe strolled under me at about 5 yards. Wishing I had my recurve, I went ahead and drilled her. Meat in the freezer. I didn't take a picture but...

A few sits later and I was hunting a nice funnel. This wide forkie comes by and I send a zwicky tipped shaft his way. he trots about 40 yards and is standing there trying to figure what happened and stumbles. I knew he was close by there but couldn't see him.

I gave my SIL a recurve several Christmas ago. It has never been "broken in". He is still learning and doesn't get to hunt much. I told him it needed to kill something...so I started hunting with it...A nice doe paid the price of christening that bow with her blood...

My SIL did get to hunt Tday and shot a nice buck...his first buck ever..It was a family affair as we were all in the blind together...

Now I have more meat than I need and don't want to over harvest my deer so I have to make my self hunt..I shoot my longbow a couple of days to reprogram the old computer... A 7 point messes up and get sideways at about 15 yards... I have been watching deer with my rifle on and off for a while not wanting to shoot one...but that longbow just brings out the predator in me...A nice big bodied deer sideways at 15yds, a Hill longbow, and a Zwickey shaving sharp on the front of a 440 gr shaft is more than adequate to zip a buck and satisfy the predator instinct in this guy...

I just thought I would share. I kill deer with arrows shot from different bows but I can tell you without error...That the more of yourself you put into the hunt and kill....the more satisfying those kills will be...

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Very nice season!

South Man

sounds like a good season

Jim Boyd

Excellent stories and photos!

Kris87

Congrats on a very nice season. Having fun is what its all about.