A Couple of Cool Pics...

Tight Lines

Had this owl land right in front of me Saturday morning...Sunday morning he hooted right above my head when I got in the stand...he could not have been more than 10 ft. above me...scared the daylights out of me it was so loud...

This hawk caught a daylight rabbit out and about and proceeded to eat most of it before taking off with the rest of it...

IMG_9482.JPGIMG_9483.JPGIMG_9486.JPGIMG_9487.JPGIMG_9488.JPG

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Love those birds! I have a bunch of pics and videos of an owl I called Big Hoot. He/she would see me walking across that swamp and fly over to me and light up in a tree near by. Even when I was hunting, he’d fly over to a tree right by me and sit there and often stare at me. I know it was the same bird because he/she would do the same thing every time it saw me in this particular area. Seen it for 2 or 3 years straight. It did scare me one morning before daylight as I was sitting up a tree down in that swamp. It was so quiet as I sat there in the black, listening intently to my surroundings. Even ‘bout nodded off to sleep a time or two. Then that son if gun screamed above me and nearly caused me to jump out my climber. He was in the same tree just above me. It was obvious he did that just to scare me. But I bet I scared him to when that tree we were both in violently shook. :bounce: They are such cool birds!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
So cool!

Tight Lines

Love those birds! I have a bunch of pics and videos of an owl I called Big Hoot. He/she would see me walking across that swamp and fly over to me and light up in a tree near by. Even when I was hunting, he’d fly over to a tree right by me and sit there and often stare at me. I know it was the same bird because he/she would do the same thing every time it saw me in this particular area. Seen it for 2 or 3 years straight. It did scare me one morning before daylight as I was sitting up a tree down in that swamp. It was so quiet as I sat there in the black, listening intently to my surroundings. Even ‘bout nodded off to sleep a time or two. Then that son if gun screamed above me and nearly caused me to jump out my climber. He was in the same tree just above me. It was obvious he did that just to scare me. But I bet I scared him to when that tree we were both in violently shook. :bounce: They are such cool birds!
They really are so cool. That one just bobbed back and forth checking me out, before flying off...I love watching them...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. Seeing stuff like that is part of why I hunt.

Tight Lines

Very cool. Seeing stuff like that is part of why I hunt.
Agree. Some of the best pics I get are not of deer. Sitting in the stand watching the wildlife is worth every minute. Also saw the river otter Saturday morning playing in a pool on the creek. Sounded like a bull shark chasing reds he made so much racket. Playing away.