A guy walks into your church ...

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
What would your response be?

C. Sir Can I introduce you to this book we call the Bible? It's the sole document that Christianity is founded on. Please read the Gospel of John, Act's and Romans and then come back and we can talk seriously about any questions you have.

gemcgrew

"After reading several gay Christian websites, though, I now realize that God made me gay, and homosexuality is not a sin.”

C) Sir, only a moron would change his epistemological worldview because of what he read on a website. Whether God made you gay or not is not relevant. God says that it is wrong. Therefore, it is a sin.

Artfuldodger

C) Judging by your inability to change shows me that you have not been given the ability to repent. Thereby you aren't exhibiting or can't exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit. This shows me that you aren't one of the Elect or at least haven't been called yet to produce fruit.
Therefore we must ask you to leave. Please take the others with you. The cheaters, the greedy, the angry, the ADULTERERS, the fornicators, the people with lust in their hearts, the jealous, the prideful, the boasters, the over eaters, the drunkards, the bitter, the conceited, the one's who can't forgive others, backstabbers, promise breakers, and the one's that don't help the sick and poor.

It's obvious the washing didn't work on those and they will not see the Kingdom of God. Otherwise they would repent. Some of them do feel bad about what they do but some of them don't. None have repented so take all of the "unwashed" with you, they too are not showing the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass, especially the homosexuals and adulterers. They are the least repentant of all the so called unwashed. Oh, and people who cheat on their income taxes. They are pretty unrepentant too. And the gluttons. And lustful hearts. And the, well never mind.

Maybe God will call them later if they are part of the Elect. Then and only then can they truly repent and stop sinning. At that time we'll let them back into our, I mean, God's Church.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

"After reading several gay Christian websites, though, I now realize that God made me gay, and homosexuality is not a sin.”

C) Sir, only a moron would change his epistemological worldview because of what he read on a website. Whether God made you gay or not is not relevant. God says that it is wrong. Therefore, it is a sin.

When you think about it God made me have lust in my heart so the "God made me gay" doesn't fly or give one a free pass. The Potter can make one person gay and the other with lust in his heart. The Potter can blind and the Potter can make one see.

So if I continue to have lust in my heart would it prove that I haven't been called as one of the Elect? Does it matter if I feel guilty when I have lust in my heart or must I repent and stop having lust in my heart?

Does having lust in my heart prove I'm not providing the fruit of the Holy Spirit? Does it show that I haven't repented?

If I was the guy who walked in off the street and said, I want to join your church but I have lust in my heart? Would it matter if I tried to repent but couldn't?

Last edited:

Lukikus2

D) he wants to teach the boys choir to sing.

It really amazes me when something happens bad from one of these types and people are dumbfounded of how it ever happened. Most are looking for handouts to begin with. Couldn't care less about your religion or morals.

welderguy

When I read such texts as 1 Cor.5:9-13, I get a pretty good sense that it would be much better for the actively sexually immoral person to remain outside the church. I'm told that if they remain outside the church, I can refrain from judging them. But if they come into the church, I must judge them.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

centerpin fan

When I read such texts as 1 Cor.5:9-13, I get a pretty good sense that it would be much better for the actively sexually immoral person to remain outside the church. I'm told that if they remain outside the church, I can refrain from judging them. But if they come into the church, I must judge them.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

So what would you say to the guy?

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
CensoredCensoredLeviticus‬ Censored20:13‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/lev.20.13.kjv

Would that be to forward. Seriously though the Bible teaches me to Love, in no way would they be a candidate to join because obviously if one believes they can be saved and be gay they are not saved. I'll teach them what the Bible says about salvation through love and try to win them to the Lord. Then after salvation if they change their ways they could be a candidate to join the church.

centerpin fan

I would show him 1 Cor.5 and tell him I could not support his active sexual immorality as a member of the body. I hope he would understand and not go away mad, ....But most likely he will.

That sounds dangerously close to telling him he needs to repent in order to be saved.

hobbs27

No sir.
Repentance is the result of, not the cause of salvation. Salvation is of the Lord, not man.

They got this out of order then.

Acts 3 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 6:10-12
nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 12“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered by anything.

Could the repentance in Acts 3:19 be a change of mind?
How can one repent of sins before he has been washed?
Isn't it the actual "washing" that cleanses this sins?
One would have to have the washing first. We can't wash away our own sins.

hobbs27

1 Corinthians 6:10-12
nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 12“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered by anything.

Could the repentance in Acts 3:19 be a change of mind?
How can one repent of sins before he has been washed?
Isn't it the actual "washing" that cleanses this sins?
One would have to have the washing first. We can't wash away our own sins.

Start a topic on this and I will respond.
:flag:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
They got this out of order then.

Acts 3 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

I gotta agreed with 70 AD on this one. Man that hurt. Think it's gonna scar too.

welderguy

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

You were dead in sin until you were made alive by regeneration. Alive to spiritual things that before were foolishness to you. You could not nor would not repent. But you were called out of darkness into His marvelous light. Now you are a new creature with another nature. You are "in Christ".(Rom. 8:1)