A guy walks into your church ...

Artfuldodger

You praise God if he sends you child to he11.

I would hate to see your child not get elected but what about the millions of children already dead in the ground the Gospel didn't reach? You gotta feel a little bit of remorse for them. Maybe even responsible.

Unless God himself reached the ones he wanted to reach, which is a better plan overall than us reaching them. Your plan may save your own children but has already missed saving millions.

hobbs27

I would hate to see your child not get elected but what about the millions of children already dead in the ground the Gospel didn't reach? You gotta feel a little bit of remorse for them. Maybe even responsible.

Unless God himself reached the ones he wanted to reach, which is a better plan overall than us reaching them. Your plan may save your own children but has already missed saving millions.

The millions of children already dead that didn't hear the Gospel, didn't hear it because God chose them to not hear it.

The difference is, Calvinist would have Christians believe that God would allow a child to hear the Gospel... Yet that child never had hope. They would have us believe that the good news... Isn't so good for some.

That's entirely wrong. God has blessed us with the honor of sharing the Gospel to whosoever will!

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor

Brother I've been off here for a while. Tell me you haven't fallen into the Calvinist crowd.
I believe there will be many people with blood on their hands that didn't surrender to the call to spread the gospel to uttermost parts of the world when God called them to do that yet they quenched the spirit. Well that brings up another question. If we have no choice how do we quench the spirit if we are made by God. I'll never accept Calvinism.
GOD NEVER SENDS ANYONE TO HE11, PEOPLE REJECT HIM AND SEND THERE OWNSELF TO HE11

Artfuldodger

The millions of children already dead that didn't hear the Gospel, didn't hear it because God chose them to not hear it.

And this is different from Election how?

The end result is they didn't receive salvation by God's choice. Whosoever will didn't work for them.

hobbs27

And this is different from Election how?

The end result is they didn't receive salvation by God's choice. Whosoever will didn't work for them.

The difference is in the ones that do hear. Calvinist say people are saved or condemned before they are even born. This means you can preach Jesus death, burial, and resurrection all day long every day, and the condemned have no hope.

gemcgrew

Brother I've been off here for a while. Tell me you haven't fallen into the Calvinist crowd.
I believe there will be many people with blood on their hands that didn't surrender to the call to spread the gospel to uttermost parts of the world when God called them to do that yet they quenched the spirit. Well that brings up another question. If we have no choice how do we quench the spirit if we are made by God. I'll never accept Calvinism.
GOD NEVER SENDS ANYONE TO HE11, PEOPLE REJECT HIM AND SEND THERE OWNSELF TO HE11
Your theology is so man-centered, the God of the Bible is nowhere to be found in it.

If man has the power, independent of God, to send himself to He11, does man not have the power to leave when he wants to?

gemcgrew

Calvinist say people are saved or condemned before they are even born. This means you can preach Jesus death, burial, and resurrection all day long every day, and the condemned have no hope.
Even if this was true, how is it different from what the Arminian says? That God knows before he creates them, who will be saved or condemned.

welderguy

You can believe what you want but the Bible says
“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.”
CensoredCensoredActs‬ Censored26:28‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/act.26.28.kjv

Agrippa said almost. The Spirit was drawing through God yet he still refused and said almost

If the Spirit had been drawing king Agrippa, he would have been persuaded. Not almost persuaded.

"Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power..." (ps.110)

Artfuldodger

If God uses his foreknowledge to look ahead and knows who will choose his grace, then he also looks ahead at who the missionaries never reached.
He more or less still determined who was offered his grace whether he personally calls or if he calls through man.

M80

Your theology is so man-centered, the God of the Bible is nowhere to be found in it.

If man has the power, independent of God, to send himself to He11, does man not have the power to leave when he wants to?

Does the Lord not say “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
CensoredCensoredMatthew‬ Censored11:28-30‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/mat.11.28-30.kjv That is our invitation to come. Our choice to come. Also here is another
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
CensoredCensoredRevelation‬ Censored3:20‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rev.3.20.kjv

He don't barge in. He knock and we open the door. He said if any man. Seems pretty clear it's our choice to open the door.

M80

If the Spirit had been drawing king Agrippa, he would have been persuaded. Not almost persuaded.

"Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power..." (ps.110)

Brother this verse has nothing to do with salvation

gemcgrew

Does the Lord not say “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
CensoredCensoredMatthew‬ Censored11:28-30‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/mat.11.28-30.kjv That is our invitation to come. Our choice to come. Also here is another
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
CensoredCensoredRevelation‬ Censored3:20‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rev.3.20.kjv

He don't barge in. He knock and we open the door. He said if any man. Seems pretty clear it's our choice to open the door.
Who are you talking to? Your response does not relate to my question.

welderguy

Brother this verse has nothing to do with salvation

I disagree.
I believe the entire psalm has everything to do with salvation.

Do you not believe in the effectual call of the Spirit? The transforming of a person's will at regeneration? The removal of the stoney heart, and replacing with a heart of flesh?

Israel

BANNED
What can be taken advantage of...will be taken advantage of.
What can be fooled...will be fooled.

hobbs27

Even if this was true, how is it different from what the Arminian says? That God knows before he creates them, who will be saved or condemned.

What does it matter if it lines up with any man made doctrine? The fact is undeniable that when Christianity enters a community in which it has never been, and the indigenous people hear the Gospel, some are saved. The hearing of the Gospel is required.. Hearing being understanding.

Artfuldodger

What does it matter if it lines up with any man made doctrine? The fact is undeniable that when Christianity enters a community in which it has never been, and the indigenous people hear the Gospel, some are saved. The hearing of the Gospel is required.. Hearing being understanding.

It may happen that way but comparing which way is fairer, I'm going to have to say Election. It doesn't depend on man to reach the masses. Individual salvation is of the Lord under Election.

Have you ever read how many people heard Billy Graham preach compared to how many were saved? I think even Billy Graham realized God could call the ones out of the islands and villages without him. Even God could call on the Hindu.

Last edited:

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

Which is prerequisite; hearing or the ability to hear?
From where does the ability come?

hobbs27

hobbs27

It may happen that way but comparing which way is fairer, I'm going to have to say Election. It doesn't depend on man to reach the masses. Individual salvation is of the Lord under Election.

Have you ever read how many people heard Billy Graham preach compared to how many were saved? I think even Billy Graham realized God could call the ones out of the islands and villages without him. Even God could call on the Hindu.

I lean to truth without concern of my idea of fairness