A400 Xcel piston assembly cleaning

BBQOutdoors77

Might be a dumb question, but what’s the best way to clean the piston on a A400? I know you’re not supposed to run them with oiled/lubed, but how y’all cleaning them?

Jester896

Senior Clown

Dub

When I had my A400 I used a bit of Kroil penetrant oil on the piston....let it soak a while, even overnight, then a thorough wipe down using one of the microfiber cloths you can get at Harbor Freight (those things are awesome for gun cleaning and etc).

I'd spray another microfiber cloth with denatured alcohol and then do another thorough wipedown to ensure there was no oil left.

I've since gone over to the Dark side.....Benelli's that don't get cleaned much......sorta like my Glocks. :rofl:

Gun owner essentials, in my opinion.

Just add a good carbon & copper remover and proper gun lube and your various rods, jags, brushes, patches, torque wrench, screwdrivers, etc, etc, etc.

Image 46.jpeg

Image 47.jpeg

Image 48.jpeg

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I 2nd the SLIP 2000. It's fantastic for removing carbon.
BoreTech C4 is a close 2nd.

bullgator

Clean it with whatever works and then make sure to remove the residue like Dub mentioned. Any good carbon solvent should work.

K80Shooter

I've had my A400 Multi Target for about 5 years and shoot it weekly, I've never cleaned it, and it works flawless.