Misfired rounds

patriot15joe

I have a handful of .223 I’ve acquired over the years that didn’t fire for whatever reason. Some are bent from jamming and some the primer didn’t fire.

I’m not sure if they are crimped. I have one of the hammers to unload, but they don’t budge.

My question, what do I do with them? Don’t know of a safe way to dispose of them.

Last edited:

Balrog

I have a handful of .223 I’ve acquired over the years that didn’t fire for whatever reason. Some are bent from jamming and some the primer didn’t fire.

I’m not sure if they are crimped. I have one of the hammers to unload, but they don’t budge.

My question, what do I do with them? Don’t know of a safe way to dispose of them.
Lightweight bullets are sometimes hard to pull using an inertia hammer because the bullet doesn't weigh very much. If you haven't already tried, I would try the hammer again against a concrete surface, and expect it to take multiple blows before they dislodge.

If that doesn't work, you can get a collet bullet puller that mounts to your press and use that.