Allatoona Cat

AllatoonaCat_zpsrlil9jv6.jpg

Hey ya'll,
I forgot to post this. I was fishing on the other side of the train bridge by Block House a couple weeks ago when I caught this. This was my only catch that day, but it was a fun day anyway. I caught this nice cat, I think it was a White Cat although I could be wrong, on a chartreuse Rooster Tail! I had no idea cats would hit this lure. Ignore the green tint to the fish as that is reflection coming from my kayak.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Always fun catching the unexpected. As far as what cats will / won't hit, I've had a small black jitter bug for years and all I've ever caught on it was catfish.

Anvil Head

Thought it might be one of the old nuker cats they brought down from Oak Ridge. Good catch.

Coenen

Looks like a male channel cat to me.

They'll definitely hit a moving bait. Caught my first cat ever on a Shad Rap when I was a kid. Lanier is home water for me, and it seems that the cats there have gone the same way as everything else, once they get big and strong enough to roam open water and eat herring and shad, that's what they do.

Not sure if that's how it is at 'Toona, but my point is that for all their reputation as scavengers, and bottom feeders, catfish can be remarkably efficient predators.

castandblast

Not sure if that's how it is at 'Toona, but my point is that for all their reputation as scavengers, and bottom feeders, catfish can be remarkably efficient predators.

Yep, i fish Lanier, toona, and Hartwell. I catch cats while fishing for stripes and hybrids on suspended downlines in the summer all the time on all three lakes. Those channels cats will eat just about anything that will fit in their mouth.

Anvil Head

Yeah, even a possum won't pass up a good fresh hamburger.