I don’t have any regrets but

SarahFair

Outside of my horse activities, if I could circle back I think I would have slowed down and enjoyed my children more.
I've thoroughly enjoyed them, don't get me wrong, but its just the one thing I'd trade anything for.

They are 16 and 18 now, both will still climb in my bed and tell me about their day, or watch a movie with me, run errands with me (as long as it doesn't involve shopping), want to go fishing, etc, so I am blessed with a little more time with them before they are gone with their own families..

transfixer

I've got more than a few regrets, I probably should have pursued a career in drafting/mechanical drawing, etc right out of high school, my teacher was rather put out with me because I wasn't going to, I was good at it , just couldn't see myself working behind a desk all my life, came real close to getting into law enforcement at 30/31yrs old, should have in retrospect, just couldn't take the pay cut at the time, but I would have been retired by now if I had, shouldn't have married my first wife, should have done things differently with my second one .

I have done most of the things on my bucket list. Spent way more money on fun when I was younger than I should have , but I did have fun ! lol

Redbow

Maybe I should have taken the job that NASA offered me right out of high school but I didn't. I was also accepted to the Atlanta School of Broadcasting, turned that down as well. The broadcasting thing I have always regretted not doing that.

Decided on the railroad job that I worked at for 35 years, the Wife taught school so we made a decent living. No debts now for over 2 decades if we want something we can pay cash for it, even a new house or car or truck if we wanted either one. Are we blessed, I would say so thank you Lord Jesus for your kindness towards us.

BeerThirty

As a father, I am very open about most of my regrets with my children. I say "most" because they aren't ready to hear about some of them yet. But I firmly believe it's important to humble oneself by acknowledging your shortcomings/regrets and to use them as teachings for your children so that they hopefully don't live with the same painful regrets you have.

Deerhead

No regrets but… wish I would have applied myself in school. Would have been nice to complete college in 4 years and not 12. But I sure had a good time! Second, wish I would have been more serious playing golf. I was not bad and won 3 high school championships and my senior year set the state record for low score. I did play Jr College. But again was not fully committed to the sport.

livetohunt

I would have started buying and selling land in the Midwest when I was younger. I started too late. Better late than never I guess.

Shane Dockery

Not really a regret, but there are days that I wished that I would have served longer than my 4 years in the Air Force. If I would have stayed until retirement, I would have been eligible 5 years ago. Erks me sometimes that I feel like a quitter.

Not finishing my college degree is a regret, especially with the GI Bill money. Life got in the way. Maybe one day.

hopper

The Crazy thing is the worst mistakes of my life has always ended up being the best thing that could of happened to me. It's how I ended up running a buisness cause nobody would hire me. It's how I met my wife and straightened out my life. She gave me two beautiful daughters and everything to work for. Life's a crazy mixed bag.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
The Crazy thing is the worst mistakes of my life has always ended up being the best thing that could of happened to me. It's how I ended up running a buisness cause nobody would hire me. It's how I met my wife and straightened out my life. She gave me two beautiful daughters and everything to work for. Life's a crazy mixed bag.

Amen

Shotgun1

If you come up with more winners than losers you won. I'm not much of a believer in luck.If you start out with a good set of Genes you can work out the rest. I have Had a very good life with my share of bumps in the road. When I had a problem most of them were caused by the guy in the mirror. Like John said,"Life ain't nothing but a funny,funny riddle".

ucfireman

I think I missed my calling as an attorney.
I love to argue and call people out on their stupidity.
But probably would not have been able to get through law school.

After HS school said I was going to California, had no plans but wonder what life would have been like.

Wanted to be a Veterinarian but they didn't make a lot of money 30 years ago, people didn't spend money on a dog like they do now.

Did the FD thing, wish I had worked a PT job somewhere during those 15 years, I would have way more in the bank.

Overall I'm happy, wish I had a wife and kids, but it is what it is.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I raced there, Peachtree City, Rome and some onesies. Hatfield made the Hutch factory team based out of powder springs.
Likely raced Schwinn/Bob's Cycle Shop team in Rome at the fairgrounds. They had some pretty good local talent. They even raced out of the country. My wife raced with them a couple of times at Rockmart.

sinclair1

I've never gone into debt for any luxury items(pool, boat, hunting land ect.) Always wanted to have the money ahead of time. While that is a good policy it has caused me to deny myself and my family at times it really wasn't necessary.

sinclair1

Likely raced Schwinn/Bob's Cycle Shop team in Rome at the fairgrounds. They had some pretty good local talent. They even raced out of the country. My wife raced with them a couple of times at Rockmart.
Sounds familiar. We hung out with a guy who’s dad owned the skating rink. After closing we would race bikes around the rink and almost die on the slick floor. My memory is bad and I can’t remember his name.
After the race we would go to the Ore pits for the “big air” jumps.