I don’t have any regrets but

sinclair1

There are a few things I wish I would have tried out to see if I could do it in the young days.

1st was BMX as a Pro. I took bike racing all the way to the pro level racing a few pro open races in the south east. Highlight was being ahead of some of the big names at half track in a national. They passed me with conditioning.

2nd was bowling Pro. Long story short I lost my Eligibility to play high school sports because I was bowling with the old men Friday night for money. I took it all the way to sponsorship but just up and quit. One of my team mates went Pro and made decent money although he never made TV with Pete Weber or any other pros of that Era.

Fishing took over and I was only decent at it. Never even won a Monday night tournament on Allatoona. I was the guy who had the big sack at the Moby tournament who had to have the ambulance ride. We hit a duck running 70 mph with 14 pounds in the well at 9am. I won a neck brace that day. The cards just never went my way with fishing. I enjoyed it more once I just fished for fun.

Now old memories are popping up, so I guess I am getting old.
Any of you have something you wish you would have went after.

Oldstick

I can't say for sure 50 years later, but I think I might have done well in law school. Never once crossed my mind back then because I was too focused on the sciences. But now looking way back I realize my best academic success in high school was with language and history and such. Not that I was bad in math and science, but not good enough to go into med school or something of that level.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There are a few things I wish I would have tried out to see if I could do it in the young days.

1st was BMX as a Pro. I took bike racing all the way to the pro level racing a few pro open races in the south east. Highlight was being ahead of some of the big names at half track in a national. They passed me with conditioning.

2nd was bowling Pro. Long story short I lost my Eligibility to play high school sports because I was bowling with the old men Friday night for money. I took it all the way to sponsorship but just up and quit. One of my team mates went Pro and made decent money although he never made TV with Pete Weber or any other pros of that Era.

Fishing took over and I was only decent at it. Never even won a Monday night tournament on Allatoona. I was the guy who had the big sack at the Moby tournament who had to have the ambulance ride. We hit a duck running 70 mph with 14 pounds in the well at 9am. I won a neck brace that day. The cards just never went my way with fishing. I enjoyed it more once I just fished for fun.

Now old memories are popping up, so I guess I am getting old.
Any of you have something you wish you would have went after.
It’s a personality difference thing, you took everything you liked and poured stress into it competing. I run in a different direction.

I wished I had learned fly fishing and tying at a young age.

HermanMerman

I majored in environmental science, but if I could do it over I would have studied marine biology. Would love to be researching sharks for a living right now.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If I was to choose a "do over", I guess I wouldn't have done what I did in June '82 that landed me in front of Judge Fudger in July '82. But, then I would have never done the other things.. seen the other things.. met the folks that ensued due to that. :huh:

sinclair1

I majored in environmental science, but if I could do it over I would have studied marine biology. Would love to be researching sharks for a living right now.
My niece studies sharks. Too much traveling for me. She probably had no regrets as she has traveled the world for 20 years.
Some years back it was a tiny sub! IMG_3908.jpeg

Last edited:

Sargent

Powder Springs?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I wouldn't have minded going into wildlife and/or resource management. Grew up fairly poor with no one really pushing me toward any goal and me not knowing what all was out there. I’ve still raised a good family and I’m fairly successful. It is taking two jobs to support us, but a stay at home wife has paid many dividends I don’t think we’d have had if the wife had a full time job. No real regrets. Good wife, good kids, enough money to keep the bills paid with a little leftover, it’s hard to regret anything that led to this.

Hillbilly stalker

Wished I rode a Bull when I was young and limber......maybe 2 or 3. :biggrin2:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I raced there, Peachtree City, Rome and some onesies. Hatfield made the Hutch factory team based out of powder springs.
When I was at Tapp that was our archery range. :rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They say your first million dollars is the hardest. If I had been smart I would have skipped it, gone on and got my second million and then I could spend the rest of my life circling back and getting that first million.

Since I didn't do that I've had to settle for a few thousand. Learn from my mistakes!

Latest posts